cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Please tell me the perfect putaway strategy for my requirement its high rack storage.I maintained the putaway strategy(L) next empty bin but my problem is whether all the bins have stock its again searching for empty bin and gives error message..oka, if i go for (I)addition to existing stock putaway strategy its mandatory to maintain capacity check method, we dont want to maintain any weight in storage bin.please tell some appropiate strategy for my requirement...

From sas...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems you dont have data(weight) to go for capacity check and you dont want to use "Next empty bin".

i think can go for manual Putaway strategy and input the bin manually while making a receipt. further to simplify the process you can go for the automatic TO confirmation. So that you dont have to do both TO creation and confirmation.

Thanks..

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As one of our friend suggested ,create a storage type open storage type & do putaway in this storage type. Transfer this material to your high rack storgae type once you get space to store material over there.

This transfer you have to do manually by LT10

I feel this is the only solution with the problem you mentioned here.

Regards,

Prashant

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if i go for (I)addition to existing stock putaway strategy its mandatory to maintain capacity check method, we dont want to maintain any weight in storage bin.please tell some appropiate strategy for my requirement...

1. You didn't define your requirement.

2. SAP is a software made by humans, it cannot find out what is in your mind, it cannot see the warehouse with its high rack bins. If you are reluctant to input the necessary data how can you expect SAP to work as you want it to work?

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

I am maintaining the High Rack Storage type of 100 storage bins with (L) putaway strategy..If all the bins contains stock, system not allowing to post, it throws no empty srorage bin found....In this case what can i do....

Froms sas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally if all the storage bins are full, then for temporary period we keep the stock in Open storage area or in which ever storage space is available.

for this you need to add the Open storage type in the stragegies

In day to day transactions when picking happen from the High rack storage, then bins will get empty.

In the evening you run the replenishment and move the stock from open to High rack.

Hope its useful.

Regards,