cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCFlatFile to IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a case where we get the idoc data in flatfile and i need to the send the idoc to R/3 after converting it in the required format.

For this do i need to specify the file content conversion for doing this so?

Is there any other method for doing the same

Happy New Year

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP provides standard reports to convert IDoc Flat aka Native IDoc format into IDoc XML.

Search for the article how to convert IDoc Flat to XML and vice versa on SDN and this provides you the how to info.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have gone through the How to Guide document of IDoc-IDoc-XMl and FlatFile to Idoc.

In that it was mentioned that a file port has to be created and then need to upload a file by running report

RSEINB00 ,which will convert the idoc to Idoc-xml.

How can this be achieved programatically.???

I have to pickup IDoc-FlatFile and need to convert it to IDoc and after blah,, send it to the target.

How can i convert the idoc-FlatFile to idoc-Xml ,Please suggest

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get this working manually. It isn't the easiest of things and needs understanding of how Native Idoc format and Idoc control record works.

Once you do this, progrmatically is simple - Schedule a job with this report that looks for the files in the corresponding folder.

Again, you need a little customizations but getting this to work manually is the first step; we have done this progrmatically and have it working in production so tweaking it for mass files and IDoc's is the secondary problem!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

I tested it and worked fine.

Now could you guide me how can proceed further now.

My requirement is need to fetch the idoc-flatfile and convert it to idoc and do mapping to target structure and send the same.

Please suggest all the possible and efficient ways.

Thanks in anticipation

Rajesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

There is just one way.

1. The report RSEINB00 as you would have noticed processed only one file at a time. Hence, you would need a custom report that will read all the files in the directory and then call the report RSEINB00 for each of the files.

2. The report RSEINB00 deletes the source files. Before the files are processed; if you have a need to archive the files, the files will need to be archivedin the custom report you write in step 1. This archival will run first.

3. To automate the whole process; this custom report needs to be scheduled with a variant for your source directory as a job and duration will have to be decided by you on the basis of what you think is ideal for your requirement.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Thanks for the promp reply.

I will surely try out this .Curious to know is it possible to implement the same by using custom module??

(I know that idoc sits in ABAP Stack where as other modules are part of Java Stack,But to make sure my understanding is correct.)

Thanks in advance for reply

Rajesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unforunately none.

As the report works on taking the Input file as its source.

If you can upgrade to PI 7.1 ehP1 then you have the option as SAP is providing a standard module to do this. But none for PI 7.0 afaik.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Could you please provide more details of the standard Module of SAP .

What is name and functionalities of that adapter? As most of our interfaces requires this functionality

Please guide me ..

Thanks a lot your patient and useful replies.

Rajesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is available only PI 7.1 EHP1 which was release 2 weeks back .

Not sure on the name of the modules. A search on help.sap will help.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Wish you the same.

I think you can go ahead with only FCC of flat file that contains an IDoc detials.

pretty painful to map the fields but no option. If you get atleast Idoc in XML format your work is half done.

see this for furthur help

[File to IDoc|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8700] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards

Praveen