Did you mean: 

QM_INCOMING INSPECTION WITH PARAMETERS VARIATION

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear QM Consultants,

Wish you a very happy new year 2009!

I came across a scenario,

1. Client does incoming inspection. Activation of 01 inspection type in materials master.

2. Interesting fact is that client the inspection parameters vary at every inspection lot for the same material.

3. For example, letu2019s take material 123 as the material for incoming inspection. For GR number 001 it length is 1000 + / -2 mm

4. For the same material code in next consignment the length is 800 +/- 1.

5. The parameter is same i.e. length but its dimensions vary at every lot. This variation is not systematic. I mean there is no definite pattern that after every 2 or 3 lots length will be so and so. It may be anything.

6. Client does not want to create separate material codes for this.

7. Also based on above parameter (LENGTH) another parameter say Area has to be calculated.

I opted following solution,

1. Create MIC as LENGTH as incomplete model in QS21.

2. Prepare an inspection plan excluding above parameter i.e. LENGTH

3. Whenever lot gets generated user has to add MIC in inspection lot while result recording i.e. by create additional characteristic.

4. For area calculation I could not find any solution yet since calculated characteristics do not work for additionally added characteristics.

Is there any other solution to this problem?

Your expert comments please!

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

!!!!!Happy New Year!!!!!

You have opted good solution. But the Additional/Unplanned Characteristic will not help you at the best.

So to meet the requirement i will advice you to create inspection plans as per teh variety of tolerance.

e.g.

Group 1000001 Counter 01 will have LENGTH with limit 1000 + / -2 mm

Group 1000001 Counter 02 will have LENGTH with limit 800 +/- 1 mm

Assign the same material to both these plans.

Now whenever the lot will generated for this material it will populate the selection window to select any one inspection plan from above two. Now use r have to choose it wisely as per the requirement.

We can define the text (Inspection plan description) as such, that it can be easily identified.

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Addition of unplanned characteristics at the time of result recording

also have limitation upto 9999 times only; so your solution is only for temporary basis.

thanks

vinay

Edited by: vinay joshi on Jan 1, 2009 1:03 PM

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks very much, Shyamal, Gajesh, Ghanshyam, and Vinay for so prompt replies,

1. I will proceed as suggested by Shyamal as this seems to be easier way rather than local addition of MIC in inspection lot.Thanks Shyamal!

2. Whatever Vinay is saying thatu2019s also interesting. This is really a value addition for me.

3. Gajesh, this input processing method is completely new to me. Can you please send some more stuff or link so that I can test it in system. Thanks for your suggestion also.

Also Dear Experts,

Please go through following links. These are other twos questions posted by me.

Catalogue profile

LSMW by recording method for inspection plan

I am sure; all of you can definitely throw some light for these issues.

Thanks once again as my problem is resolved.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wish you all Happy 2009!!!

Anand,

I think the solution given by Shyamal is more useful....

As its very easy to create many group counters for the same group number.

Also, its much easier to select the required tolerances while creating the inspection lot.

This would make the process much user friendly.......

Thank you..

Ghanshyam

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

Happy New Year To You and to Shyamal also,

Can the input processing be used for the same?. As this can be used as Additional inspection characteristic during result recording.

Plan Input Processing for Measured Values in Master Insp. Char.

You must plan input processing at the inspection planning stage to ensure that the system automatically processes your measured values according to your specifications during results recording. As a result, during results recording, the BAdI that has been defined for the inspection characteristic is run and the input value is processed.

There are standard BADi given in SAP standard for this.

Let me know your feedback and of course experts comments

Regards

gajesh