cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basis Team Composition / Roles and Responsbilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I am wondering if there is information available on standard Basis team composition and associated roles and responsbilities.

Here are my thoughts on some of the key roles we would need: Basis Project Manager, Basis Lead Consultant, Basis Administrator, Environment Build Leads, SAP Transport Manager, Oracle Admin, Data stage Admin...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Anwer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are the SAP Best Practices (ASAP) for NetWeaver implementation. These Best Practices also mention the varios Roles tasks needed to implement and operate an SAP system. For example:

Technology Consultant

System Administrator

The Best Practices also explain these roles and tasks. For the System Administrator:

- delivering or supporting the technical portion of the SAP solution

- provides expertise in configuring the identified technical specifications using the SAP Portal customizing tools

- supports all technical aspects of a customer implementation

- facilitates the definition of the operation and technical architecture

Depending on the size of your landscape, you define how many people you'll need. If you never did this in your life and/or do not have the expertise to make this decision, ask your local consultant partner or SAP.

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All:

>

> I am wondering if there is information available on standard Basis team composition and associated roles and responsbilities.

>

> Here are my thoughts on some of the key roles we would need: Basis Project Manager, Basis Lead Consultant, Basis Administrator, Environment Build Leads, SAP Transport Manager, Oracle Admin, Data stage Admin...

>

> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

>

> Thanks in advance,

>

> Anwer

There are sites that have a person devoted to pressing the "Import request" button? I want to work there. I like how your BASIS team has 8 people with only 2 of them doing actual BASIS haha. And given that of your 2 BASIS people, one is a consultant (i.e. a person who gives professional or expert advice) that leaves you with 1 person doing all the work...

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, doing an import isn't pressing just the "import" button. SAP has a whole TMS / CTS Product Portfolio (Training: E2E Change Request, etc) for realizing imports, not to mention some Industry "Standards" like ITIL, COBIT (SOx) that demand some profund knowledge on how to import a Change Request.

Besides this, doing an ABAP import is a little bit more easy than doing an Java import.

Tobias

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

To be honest, it depends on the amount of dough your cutomer is willing to shell out and the size of your landscape.

If the landscape is small, you can have the basis admin doing the transport , security related activities and an Oracle DBA who will assist him with oracle related queries etc.

Also normally as there will be lot more of security job, a SAP Security expert too will be needed.

regards,

hemanth