cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Connection using Java APIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

For our project, we have MDM system configured, but for certain custom iviews, we are using java api's for interaction. For using Java API's, we need to setup a connection and then execute. When i do this, i have to use a specific user to connect to MDM using the API's and then execute the queries/requests.

Now, when i do this, (use a standard user to connect to MDM through APIs), no matter which user uses the UI, the logged in user to MDM is the one i used in the API connection.

How to deal with it?

Is there a way to use the existing System Alias in Java API connections?

Regards,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

There is no MDM API to use system alias direcly, but You can get the properties of system alias(Server,RepositoryName,userID, Password,.. etc) using com.sap.security.api.umap.system.ISystemLandscapeWrapper and then you can establish MDM connection using these properties using MDMAPI.

Regards,

Sandeep Reddy.

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep,

Though I don't know which APIs to use here, but i have seen MDM 7.1 does support SSO, and it has some connection constructor that needs just the user name and not the password for creating user session, if such is the case, i think it would be convenient to get the logged in user id from user session and then use it to create the user context.

Regards,

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Mahajan on Jan 3, 2009 7:10 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution is available in next version of MDM.