cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple bill to partner function in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can a partner function be setup that it can appear more than once in a sales order ?

Need to make a sales orders with more than one "bill to partner". When I add the same partner function with another customer in the header of the sales order I get error message VPD012 : "partner function ZX can only occur 1 times in procedure ZEXP (sales document header) .

I searched OSS, and debugged for a while to try to find where that "1" is coming from.

In function SD_PCHECK_PARVW_COUNT_OK, a counter is set to "1" based on the field TPAER-PAREI (line 86). Allthough the flag "unique" is not set in partner function ZX, I get this error.

Some further in the function, there is the comment :

102 * currently uniqueness of a partner is mandatory in sales docs, so

103 * if no CAS-Doc, partner has to be unique if not AA or AW

Perhaps, in sales orders it is not at all possible to use multiple partners with the same partner function in sales orders ?

Anyone having experience with this ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dries,

As everybody else is correctly pointing out,

There cannot be many partners for a particular partner function at the header level.

However for each line item you are entering, you can go and manually change the partner. In this case, at the header level, the partner function will have various partners, but the partner determination analysis will show that these partners arise from the item level.

The unique button represents that there cannot be many partners for a particular partner function in total. For example this will be applicable for Sold to party in a sales order document. Hence you cannot change teh sold to party for each line item. Only this is controlled by the Unique button.

Hope this helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info

Indeed on item level I can easily change the bill to partner. But the different "bill to partners" do not appear at header level as you mention.

Any Idea ?

Dries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dries,

First of all, it is not possible to maintain 2 bill to party at header level of Sales order.

If required, we can maintain based on Item level. i.e., one Bill to Party per Item as follows:

VA02 --> Item Data --> Partner Tab, where you can change the Bill to Party as you wish, provided that particular Bill to party customer must have been maintained in the Same Sales Area as Sold to Party is Maintained.

If any further info required let me know.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dries,

Even after you created your order you can maintain different bill to party.

Go to VA02 screen

Enter your order number.Enter.

Goto item details Partners tab:

Now all the details are in editable mode.enter your bill to party.Make sure your bill to party is in same sales area and company code as of sold to party.After entering the taxes will be redetermined message will come.

Enter.

Save.

Now You do the same for all other items.

Regards,

Mohan.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dries,

Try in the sales order item level.

You can have different partners(Ship to party,Bill to party and Payer) for each item,

Go to Sales order over view screen then go to item data data -->Partners tab here you can maintain different bill to party for each item.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.