cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSD base types and facets ignored in XI mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I'm currently trying to realize mappings for custom build xsd schemas. The goal is to map imported message structures and process the mapping in XI.

In a first test, I imported a simple structure to a message mapping and performed a test. Here's the structure (it's both source and target message):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified">
	<xsd:element name="testelement">
	<xsd:simpleType>
		<xsd:restriction base="xsd:integer">
			<xsd:totalDigits value="5"></xsd:totalDigits>
		</xsd:restriction>
	</xsd:simpleType>		
	</xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>

I've expected, that only Integer values up to 5 digits are allowed to map to element "testelement".

But running a test within the mapping tool using character values or more than 5 digits ends successful! Also a file-to-file scenario works with invalid values.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Or maybe I have to enable a field validation for message mappings? Help is highly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Matt,

these do not work with XI 3.0 in message mappings

refer:

Stephan's answer (SAP person)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

thank you very much for this rapid answer! You saved me a lot of work.

Do you have information about, when this feature will come into XI because this feature will be quite important for me?

@SAP: Why I can find so much documentation about facets and datytypes at help.sap.com when this feature isn't implemented yet? And why there isn't any hint that working with this will be useless?

So, Michal, thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Matthias

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>Do you have information about, when this feature will come into XI because this feature will be quite important for me?

I heard that it will be in XI 7.0

but no one confirmed that it will for sure...

Regards,

michal

Answers (0)