Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Web dynpro project is missing in the explorer

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I was developing a web dynpro DC in which I had created components and also deployed it in the j2ee server and was running successfully. Surprisingly enough, I cannot see this project in my web dynpro explorer anymore. I was working with a different windows xp user before, could that be the reason for this project not to be selected? The application runs fine when I run it using url.

Now, I want to bring it back to the web dynpro explorer. I am trying to do a 'Import' and import this project from the local machine, but when I do it, what is the type of file I am required to give here? It seems to reject many of the files I gave for it to import stating it needs a root file. What exactly is the type for this root file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MAny Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to copy the project into workspace and then,,,,

GO to file>Import>Existing project into workspace.

Browse the file where u stored the project in the local system and then click on finish.The Project should be imported to the webdynpro perspective.

If this says the project is already opened then the project should reside inside the perspective.

Go to the Navigator tab and refresh the whole perspective to see whether it is available or not.

Regards,

Nagarajan

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who gave the replies. But Strangely

enough, I cannot locate the .project file. All the

other projects are there in the netweaver dev studio workspace except the one I am looking for.

I dont have a clue as to why this happened.

Now, is there anyway I can restore my files?

I can find the LocalDevelopmentxxxyyy.com folder for the concerned project under

netweaver dev studio workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources

\.projects\LocalDevelopmentxxxyyy.com

I see that there is a folder named .projects

under which the directories of the dc's are given.

Other than this, I can find the DC name xxx

under paths like

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC02\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\public\yyy.com\xxx

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC02\SDM\root\origin\yyy.com\xxx

I guess that these come from the deployed

sources of the application in the J2E server.

Is there anyway I can restore the project

without the corresponding .project file?

(I cannot find it in the recycle bin either)

Many Thanks

Message was edited by: l m

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

In continuation to my earlier post, I would like to know whether the web dynpro DC projects are dependent on the windows login, and where to change these settings? The reason is that the windows user through which I created the project had to be deleted. Would all the web dynpro projects created by this user be deleted automatically?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For importing the project check the steps given below.

ur DC project's .project file will be residing in:

(Local drive) : //<user folder>/.dtc/Local Development/ DCs/YYY.com/XXX/_comp

Select this path while importing the project into the IDE.

If the DC is created by some other user u can see the DC package under that user's folder.

Regards,

Rathna.

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rathna,

Thanks for the reply, but I cannot find the .project file I am looking for under this directory(though it has got all other projects).

Neither can I find it in any of the other users folders. Looks like a mystery as the application is running properly even now, if I access it through the URL.

Is there anyway I can restore the project with the deployed source?

Thanks,

lm

Former Member
0 Kudos

The application run properly because you have deployed it into Application server. But probability you have lost the source code in your local pc.

I think, you can try to search the source code into Application Server, probabily you will find the code and the source. Catch the source and put it into local workspace directory, then import from NW.

But, it's not sure that you will find the sourse into AS, because it depends from the way you have deployed (indeed when deploy, shoul be possible to maintain source or not).

Think this help you,

Vito P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to select no root file but the root directory of your project. Open the WebDynpro Explorer and click on File -> Import. Then select the root directory (this is the directory where the ".project" is located) and click finish.

regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to copy the project into workspace folder. Then from NW choose import->Existing project into workspace, so you can catch the project that will be recognize automatically from NW.

Hope this help you,

Vito