cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in the developing Adapter module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are developing the adapter module to read the data from Excel Workbook. It is having the multiple sheets with names.

For this we haven't used Integration Repository objects, Directly created the Integration Directory objects to read the Excel sheet.

We almost completed thing to read the data from multiple sheets and posting into the one file.

But, we need to generate the one file for each sheet in the target folder.

Here I am facing the one problem that is , how to generate the one file for each sheet in the Excel workbook?

Please provide any inputs on this. Awaiting for your earlier responses....

Regards

Goli sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>If I am correct, then the only option you have is to create a java mapping to read the complete file and generate as many files as you need.

mappings shouldn't be used to read files - this is what adapters are made for

>> But, we need to generate the one file for each sheet in the target folder.

you can do it in standard with mapping split if you're using java apdaters and file adapter is a java adapter - so this is the only thing you need

to do and you have your scenario working

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com XI/PI FAQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I beleive you are adding modules to the standard file adapter to read excel. If I am correct, then the only option you have is to create a java mapping to read the complete file and generate as many files as you need. You might need to introduce some identifier to distinguish the different sheets in the excel.

Or you may create an altogether new adapter to cater your requirements.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for prompt reply,

Yes your understanding is correct. We developed the Adapter module and calling that Adapter module before calling the File Adapter.

Actually we are not using the Integration Repository objects, in this case where we can use the Java mapping to create the files.

> then the only option you have is to create a java mapping to read the complete file and generate as many files as you need.

Can you explain in details this.

>you may create an altogether new adapter to cater your requirements.

How to develop our own adapter in this? Please can you give me any inputs on this.

Regards

Goli Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goli,

You need to read the file as you are reading it with your adapter moduole now. You can create dumy data/ message types and a Java mapping. The java mapping should be avle to understand your input sent by the adaptermodule and file file adapter. Now all you need to do is convert this into multiple messages. There is a blog on SDn on the topic "Multi mapping with out BPM". Have a look at that to have an idea.

Check help.sap.com for developing a new adapter.

@Michal,

May be I dint explain my point correctly in the previous reply. Hopefully I have done now.

Thanks

Jai