cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Item increment nos. in S Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Ours is a Mechanical process industry, though most of the items are NORM items, many are BOMs (LUMF), here the main item is a Model no. and the sub items are the parts in it according to the customers' requirement. In a Sales Order if I enter a LUMF and let it explode and enter another material, system will automatically take a multiple of 10 as line number, ie., after 14 sys will give 20. But after you enter the BOM and letting it explode and change the sub items and then enter a new material, system will give line item number as +10 to the last sub item number, ie., after say, 14 it will be 24.

If you dont change the sub items the scenario is like this:

10 BOM

11 Sub Item 01

12 Sub Item 02

13 Sub Item 03

14 Sub Item 04

15 Sub Item 05, and then the next line item is given as:

20 Material XYZ

But if I do ANY changes to the sub items, the scenario is like this:

10 BOM

11 Sub Item 01

12 Sub Item 02 and when I enter the next item then the next line is given as:

22 Material XYZ

How to stop this and let all new entries to be generated at multiplications of 10? I mean, what ever the last sub item be, the next entry should start at the next multiple of 10, ie., 20, 30, 40, 50, . . . . . .

Hope my question is clear. Kindly help me here, if possible.

Thanks and regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor

Hi

After removing or changing the line items (which is not supposed to be done, since it is a BOM material).....please check in the colum HLv Item(higher level item) next to quantity column...whether the value 10(main line item number) is existing or not. As long as it exists, these line items are to be considered as sub items and for the new line item in the sales order the item number increment should happen related to the previous main item (10). If there is no value in the HLv Item, then the system considers this subitem as a main item and it increments the next line item with 10 from this (originally sub item but considered as main item now) and hence it is shown as 22 (12+10).

System makes the item number increment based on the previous line item number (main item or sub item).

Please check your order and post the findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi Sankar,

Thanks for the valuable input, it is the correct diagnosis for my question. Since I tried in the way you mentioned every main line item is displaying in increments of 10. Normally I do check if I assigned

HLv Item for all the changed sub items, but some how this time I did not do it and never cross checked.

Thanks once again for the help, I have given the max points to your reply and am closing the thread.

Thanks also for all the other Gurus who have approched me with their valuable inputs. Thanks again.

Best regards and heres wishing all

A Happy and A Properous New Year !!!

Venkat - Hyd

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As others said the item number increment is set in VOV8.

But in standard the increment will come as per the Main item=10,Sub item=1

Then main item will be in 10, 20, 30..

sub item as 11,12,13, 21,22 31,32

But once you enter the items and you change it even then it has to come in the same sequence kindly check the settings as others said or check with the ABAPer

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

In sales document type details , VOV8 there are two fields

1) Item no.increment

2) Sub-item increment

So change the sub- item increment and as per your requirement . then the line items will come as per your requirement

Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat

Go to VOV8, select your order type and execute. There you can see two fields, viz.

- Item no.increment and

- Sub-item increment

Maintain as per your requirement so that it will explode in sale order accordingly.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In document type definition, please maintain Item no.increment as 10 and Sub-item increment as 1. It should work as desired.

Thanks

Venkat