Did you mean: 

Concept with MDM_CLNT_EXTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

How 'I' and 'D' options of MDM_CLNT_EXTR work

'I'---Intial Load and 'D' -

Delta Load

My scenerio is,

1.The Data is getting transfered from MDM to R3 .But for any modifications being done will be allowed done only at R3 side and i want those changes to get repelled back to MDM.thru change pointer varient.

Now How should the change pointer be prepared.

Plz help me out to solve the scenerio.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP Note 1159592,1159931,1144480. you will surly get some help.

Hope it helps,

Rgds

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

But tell me one thing

Can delta load work with out inital load.......

I mean intial load i will send it thru MDM to R3...........But further changes are only done in R3,

and can those be reflected as delta changes to MDM.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagalakshmi,

The delta load through MDM_CLNT_EXTR is purely relative to the initial mode through this transaction only.

If you send the data back from MDM to R3 and make some changes in R3, this cannot be considered as initial load.

Also as mentioned in the earlier posts, if you refer those notes it clearly mentions that deltas without inital loads are not possible.

As your requirement suggests, the initial loads are implicit without executing MDM_CLNT_EXTR, I feel you cannot have deltas extracted using MDM_CLNT_EXTR.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Edited by: Minaz Kathawala on Jan 2, 2009 9:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the below thread

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also have a doubt with our scenerio

our Scenerio is.........Intial upload is from MDM to R3,then will R3 asume it also as a change and try to trigger change pointer and send them back to MDM.

what is the program to be coded for Delta 'D' upload of change pointer.as only when changes made to the existing records it has to trigger change pointer and synchronize the records in MDM.

Can anyone give me the solution for my doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer the note 1035601.

It has a PDF use case for MDM_CLNT_EXTR.

I hope it helps u.

Regards

Nisha