cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy and Configuration of Integration Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have PI 7.0 DEv(ABAP and JAVA) system installed on AIX 5.3 and configured client 150 as Integration Server.

Further we have an requirement for two more clients to be created by client copy

For example : Say 160 as Unit test and 170 for X.

1) Now my question is do we have to do a client copy with 150 as source or 000.

2) Once the client copy is done do we have to Configure these clients 160/170 as Interation Server (Is it Possible to configure multiple client as Integration server in one system) or as Application system.

Cheers

Deepu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>2) Once the client copy is done do we have to Configure these clients 160/170 as Interation Server (Is it Possible to configure multiple client as Integration server in one system) or as Application system.

no it is not possible to have more then one integration server (XI)

on one server

you need a new server if you want test environment etc.

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com XI/PI FAQ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You should be aware that PI is not able to support multiple client as the J2EE part does not have clients (J2EE does not have the client concept).

You could write programs from a second client as they are client independent but you should run PI from you original client.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for Reply, i was talking about the Clients in ABAP STACK (PI) not JAVA.

Since PI consist of both ABAP and Java Stack.

Cheers

Deepu

Edited by: Deepu Rajendrababu on Dec 31, 2008 9:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yes for ABAP stack you can have the client copies. Its possible.

As far as I know You should do this from client 000. For other clients you will need to change lot of parameters which is quite risky.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

"For other clients you will need to change lot of parameters which is quite risky"

Please can you let me know what does the above statement mean and why do we need the parameter changes,Since from Forum ( MIchel Reply) i understand we can't configure multiple Clients as Integration Server. I think Just a Client Copy would be is sufficient. what do you say.

Thanks and Regards

Deepu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>( MIchel Reply) i understand we can't configure multiple Clients as Integration Server.

and this is true

we cannot have multiple clients as integration servers on one XI server

trust me

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com XI/PI FAQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I trust you

Since Swarup had wrote regaring some parameter changes after Client Copy. i wanted to Clarify

what did he mean by that ..

Thanks and Regards

Deepu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Michal, had said its absolutly perfect that you can have the one and only one client as Integration Server.

Now if you have to switch to another client to work as IS, then you need to make the changes in Exchange profile, visual admin. I was talking about those changes. I had also never tried to dare this kind of switch over. As far as I know I will suggest to avoid this kind change.

Thanks

Swarup