cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg: PI and SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

How SCM is related with PI, what part of PI is usefull in SCM.

regards

chandrakanth.k

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions

regards

chandrakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer similar discussion.

mySAP Supply Chain Management 4.0 Integration and Technology Overview

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/14ccb290-0201-0010-dab2-e870674c...

See the page no 6 to understand the relation of SCM and PI.

PI is used to integrate the SCM system across various applications.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra,

You can Integrate SCM with PI, for the following cases:

1) If you want to send SCM IDoc's to any other SAP R/3 server

2) Send SCM IDoc's to any third party server in receiver specific format ( .xml, Oracle table update, mail, flat file etc)

same way you can use RFC calls to integrate with thirdparty system.

Specifc use will be based on the Business case.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi praveen,

I want to know as a PI consultant , one can go with SCM in terms of functional perspective.I want to know whether a PI consultant can go ahead with SCM, as i came to know that there is a lot in SCM in terms of PI,and i want to confirm the same here.

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From career perceptive SCM and PI are two different technologies.

If you have any plans to go for Functional area then you may think over SCM. But as view of PI consultant there is no much difference that either you go for SCM or CRM ---both are R/3 systems to integrate with proxy, IDOC, RFC etc.

SCM is one of the hot SAP product similar to PI. and there are various integrations available in SCM where the PI knowledge is helpful.

But still I would personally feel as it will not have any direct relation to move from PI to SCM based on technologies. these are two seperate SAP products for different purposes.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Dec 31, 2008 9:21 AM

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swarup,

Thanks for the valuable information.Finally i want to know does SCM gives any weightage to PI consultant , if moved from PI to SCM.

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it will not give much weightage in terms of SCM for your PI experience. Your PI experience will be only helpful if there are any SCM integrations which is important but very samll part as compare to all the SCM arena and skill sets. Also you will need the domain exposure for SCM.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks swarup.

Your suggestions are very helpfull.

regards

chandrakanth.k