cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Types in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can material with mrp type VB,PD etc., be transferred from R/3 to APO. If those materials can be transferred to APO, will the corresponding purchase orders/schedule lines be also transferred for APO to consider them for planning purposes.

Regards

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your kind reply. As you had said, I am fine with using X0 for APO materials. But if i need to take care of the X0 material which is at the higher level in the BOM(Parent Material), the dependant materials which are in VB/PD type, getting planned in R/3 should be transferred to APO with their relative procurement elements, so that i get a feailbe prodcution plan.

Hence the question of doing a CIF transfer of dependant materials to APO with MRP type other than X0 arised.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Absolutely, this is an acceptable way to manage lower level parts.

If part of your 'feasible' production plan includes a product check of lower level parts, then yes, you need to send across all MRP relevant elements for the lower level materials. All demand elements, and all supply elements, including stock,

I caution you not to inadvertently plan any such materials in both systems. R/3 will automatically pass dependent requirements from the X0 parts (which were generated in APO) down to the lower level parts, and it will assume that you plan them in R/3. Ensure that your APO heuristics exclude these lower level parts in APO.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

It is possible, but not usually wise. Do you want two different systems, using two different techniques, planning the same materials? You are USUALLY better setting the MRP type to X0. This signals R/3 to stop planning, and turn over those tasks to an external system (such as APO).

Regards,

DB49