Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise number range for 2009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I work for Indian client...

I have maintained Number ranges for excise invoice as follows...

NO-YEAR-FROM NUMBER-TO NUMBER-CURRENT NUMBER

01---20080000000001

0000004999--64

I want the Number to be continued for 2009 also.

For eg, if the last number in 2008 is 64.Then next invoice in 2009 should be 65.

Now my doubt is, For 2009, what should i do ?

Will system cosider the same range for 2009 or Should i maintain no range for 2009 ?

Regadrs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Veera

First check with your client which year they are following; whether financial year or calender year. I know some Indian manufacturers are following calender year. If the client is following calender year, go to TCode SNUM, input the object type and maintain the number range as suggested by Mr.MBS

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear veera,

check the field "first month" in the path lo-general,tax on goods movement, india ,basic settings,company code settings.

If the excise authorities change the start month, you need change the month here.currently as per indian scenario it should be april.

hope its helpful for you.award points if helpful..

Best regards

Reddy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

last reaction was before 2 month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Normally Excise year is form APR to MAR. So dont worry that number will be changed in 2009.

But first of all check setting in SPRO -> Logistic General -> Tax on Goods Movement -> India -> Basic Settings -> Maintain Company Code Settings .

Select your company code and check which is the first month. It should be April.

Regards

Happy Surana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Calendar year is different from the financial year. For CIN, as we use the Indian financial year, as per SAP, 2008 ends only by March. (You can also cross-check with the period numbering in FI).

So you need not worry about this now. You may have to change it only for Apr 2009.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

System will not consider the same number range for 2009. You have to maintain this for 2009 too.

If you want to continue the same number range then you have to maintain it as below. This is only required only if you want the number to be continued in the 2009. Else you can set the status as 0 instead of 64.

01---20090000000001

0000004999--64

Also the number range from 1 to 64 for will not be reflected in year 2009. It will be reflected in year 2008.

Regards

MBS