cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About HTTP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP PI provides a built in service for handling HTTP inbound request i.e. sap/xi/adapter_plain

for sending the request to IS as HTTP adapter resides in ABAP Stack. We have one more link for sending the data to IS i.e /sap/xi/engine?type=entry which will be used by AFW.

What is the difference between them,Any validations will be performed by first one(i.e. sap/xi/adapter_plain)

Can we post the data by using the both links for HTTP ..?

Appreciate your replies on this topic.

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The plain HTTP adapter is used by external systems to connect to the Integration Engine using the native HTTP interface (HTTP payload without SOAP envelope). These systems are connected using the Internet communication framework of the SAP Web Application Server. For this purpose, the Integration Engine HTTP inbound channel contains an HTTP service delivered by SAP, called /sap/xi/adapter_plain.

There can only be one Integration Server in an SAP system. This means that only one client (business system) can be defined as the Integration Server.

○ Application system with a local Integration Engine that requires the Integration Server to execute the integration logic (the Integration Server can run in another client of the same SAP system)

The system can act as a sender or receiver of XML messages, but it does not contain any integration logic. Therefore, neither routing nor mapping can be executed locally. Instead they must be executed by the Integration Server, which is called by the application system.

Although integration logic is only offered in ABAP-based business systems, the sender/receiver role of an Integration Engine can also be made available in other business systems.

3. If you want to call an Integration Server, but do not want to configure your business system as an Integration Server, enter the address for the Integration Server you want to use in the Corresponding Integration Server field.

There are two ways of specifying an address:

http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

<host> is the host name of the Integration Server and <port> is the HTTP port.

If you have already maintained this entry centrally in your System Landscape Directory, you can use the entry by choosing System Landscape u2013 Load Configuration.

The name of the user and the password must be defined with the HTTP service (/sap/xi/engine) in the target system. The user is the person who processes the XML messages on the Integration Server.

○ dest://<IntegrationServer-Destination>

<IntegrationServer-Destination> is an RFC destination of type HTTP Connection (type H) for the Integration Server in the current system. In this case, the RFC destination contains the host name, port, and path prefix.

First create a type H RFC destination with the host name and the HTTP port of the Integration Server. Enter the following path prefix:

/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

In this case, the name of the user and the password are stored in the RFC destination in the current system; you do not need to specify them in the HTTP service in the target system.

You must place the prefix dest:// before the name of the RFC destination so that the system knows that this is not a direct specification of the address, but a logical definition.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/89/b5553bf3a76258e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Thanks for the detailed response.

Now i want two things to be cleared.

1. First thing as mentioned earlier the difference between the services sap/xi/engine?type=entry and /sap/xi/adapter_plain, Which one will get used at what time and why ,what makes to use them at that point?

2. Second as you mentioned point no 3.

<h1> If you want to call an Integration Server, but do not want to configure your business system as an Integration Server, enter the address for the Integration Server you want to use in the Corresponding Integration Server field. </h1>

What is this scenario ,when this type will come into picture .Could you give clear picture of this.

Thanks for your detailed response

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sap/xi/engine?type=entry , Is Http port which act as the gate for all Http communications..

You wont request a webservice to the above URLs.

sap/xi/adapter_plain, this URL stands for HTTPAdapter on Sender side. So you can send some HTTP request to this URL.

/sap/xi/engine, this is PIPELINE URL of XI server. You can also directly post data to this URL.

Adapters on sender mode post the data to this URL once it forms message in XI format.

During post installation steps we configure a Buisnes system with the role of an Integration server in SLD. This is the same business system that acts as IS for all the scenarios that we configure later .

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When i send a HTTP request via sap/xi/adapter_plain which pipeline data goes into and in which format ???

I observed that the AF will sent the data to IntegrationEngine pipeline through sap/xi/engine?

Can i send request directly to sap/xi/engine?

Could somebody throw light on this

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can send data directly to IE using sap/xi/engine?type=entry provided u have a valid XML payload