Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Security: Hierarchy reporting authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have created hierarchy authorization object in RSECADMIN. Included this object in role and assigned

this role to user. I have four reports in FI. In this four reports this heirarchy authorization is working for

three reports as per the requirement but the one report is not working. It is showing the message

" Need authorization". This report also has to show the required hierarchy node.

Today I have included one DSO in the same multi provider. Now all reports are not working for the

authorized users. It is showing the message "No authorization". Till now I haven't generated the

authorizations in RSECADMIN. Is this the problem? I tried to generate the authorizations in

RSECADMIN it is showing below error messages.

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTUSERNM

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTAUTH

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTADTO

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTIOBJNM

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTHIENM

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTHIEVERS

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTHIEDATE

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTNIOBJNM

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTNODE

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTATYPE

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTACOMPM

InfoProvider ZM_FIAM01 does not contain the required characteristic 0TCTTLEVEL

Please suggest me if I messed any thing.

Thanks

Prasad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad-

You were better earlier when 3 reports were working out of 4. But now that you have loaded the authurization data into Data Store Object and after generating analysis auth., all fields showing empty, I suspect if the incorrect file format has been used.

I am not sure if you are using CSV file or any extractor. i have done this with CSV file. If you are using the same, please make sure that the auth. data file is in the correct .CSV comma delimited format while uploading.

Please refer below link to make sure you are following the correct steps to do this or not-

SAP Help Link : Link:[Generate Analysis Auths|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/59/fd8b41b5b3b45fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

Once this helps, your 4th report can be fixed as well at hierarchy node level auth. later.

Cheers!

Ashok

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you checked the RSECADMIN trace for the case when you were not able to run one of the reports ?

Have you included all the auth relevant characteristics in the Analysis Authorization object created ?

For the error message, were these the warnings when you saved the AA Object ? run it through a BI Analyst, something maybe wrong with that specific infoprovider.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Edited by: Zaheer on Dec 30, 2008 10:30 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

Hi Aduri,

Thanks for your response.

I tried to execute the user with logs in RSECADMIN. Here it is showing the error

message "Authorizations missing for aggregation (":")".

I have included 0TCAACTVT, 0TCAIPROV, 0TCAVALID, 0PROFIT_CTR, 0CO_AREA and

0ASSET__0PROFIT_CTR in authorization object.

I checked the relevent SAP not " Note 1140831 - Colon authorization during query execution ". In is

saying to Restrict the characteristic in the query to a certain selection (single value, interval, hierarchy

node, and so on) and authorize this selection explicitly.

Thanks

Prasad

0 Kudos

Hi,

When I execute the user in RSECADMIN with logs it showing the below error message.

Message EYE007: You do not have sufficient authorization

No Sufficient Authorization for This Subselection (SUBNR)

Thanks

Prasad

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks For your input. I have solved this issue myself.

Issue: Aggregation authorization (

Solution : Goto the authorization object in RSECADMIN and particular object-> Here select the object

and double click on this -> Select the operator "EQ" and select the ":" and save. We have to do this

object and dependent objects also.

Eg: 0Asset and 0Asset_profit_ctr.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad-

You were better earlier when 3 reports were working out of 4. But now that you have loaded the authurization data into Data Store Object and after generating analysis auth., all fields showing empty, I suspect if the incorrect file format has been used.

I am not sure if you are using CSV file or any extractor. i have done this with CSV file. If you are using the same, please make sure that the auth. data file is in the correct .CSV comma delimited format while uploading.

Please refer below link to make sure you are following the correct steps to do this or not-

SAP Help Link : Link:[Generate Analysis Auths|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/59/fd8b41b5b3b45fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

Once this helps, your 4th report can be fixed as well at hierarchy node level auth. later.

Cheers!

Ashok