how can i rectify.

Regards,

S@ndy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello S@ndy,

For tuning the exp/imp buffers on your BW system, you might also want to check out note 520684.

Regards,

John

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It deppends not all of them should be over 95%, and some times if they are not used enough, the Hit ratio will show that low. In exp/imp is not that critical so you should not worry about it.

Good luck

Edited by: AC on Jan 5, 2009 7:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Hit ratio is when an object (such as a table, screen, or program) in the buffer is accessed. If the object has to be read from the database, the buffer access fails.

In your case the Hit ratio is 13.05 which means the buffers are not at all used, every time the data is accessed from DB, so it is better to review the buffer parameter settings of your system.

Normally Hit ratio should somewere in betweemn 98%to 100%.

Try to increase the buffer size with respect to the memory settings in your system.

You can get some SAP Notes from Market place related to Buffer tuning matching your OS,DB and SAP.

Regarding the SWAPS the amount mentioned is less when compared to a system which has buffer parameters configured correctly, but in your case it is hard to say since you have a very badly configured system.

Have a look into the following links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c4/3a6e98505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

http://www.saptechies.com/analyzing-buffer-performance/

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to NW Performance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

S@ndy, please post it in appropriate forum. This is security forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

where we have to post this issue, this related to a BASIS