cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i deliver a metrial from two different plants?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i deliver a metrial from two different plants for a single line item in a sales order for make to order process?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain 2 lines and do the delievry from 2 plants

alternatively, have 2 storage locations / shipping points assoggned in same plant and chnage the same in the delivery note

cheers

nandu

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi amar

First of all , keep the delivering plant feild blank in sales orgn1 tab in MMR and do not maintain any CMIR also with any customer by assigning the delivering plant.

Make sure that you have assigned 2 delivering plants in your enterprise structure to sales orgn / dist channel (OVX6) also

In shipping point determination , OVL2 also maintain shipping point determination with both plants

Now create a sales order for material 1 for 50pcs in the 1st line item and in the 2nd line item also enter the same material 1 and give quantity of 100pcs and in the 2nd line item ->item data , shipping tab->manually change the delivering plant then it is possible

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amar,

First lemme understand your requirement. You say, you have a Sales Order with one material line item with 100 Qty.

Now, you want to deliver 40 Qty of this line item with Plant (say 0001), and

60 Qty of the same line item with Plant (say 0002)

Am I right?

If yes, I am afraid byt its not possible.

No matter, whether Delivery Plant is maintained in MMR (i.e. Material Master --> Sales Org.1) or Not, As soon as, you will enter "Plant" in to Sales Order and will do your first Partial Delivery (say, for Qty 40 with Plant 001); Next time, when you go for Second Partial Delivery (for Qty 60), You will find that line-Item is non-editable with "Plant 001". You can't change Plant to 002.

In my opinion, You have to maintain 2 line-items of the same Material (say, 1 line-item with Qty 40/ Plant 001 and 2 line-item with Qty 60/ Plant 002)

Best Regards,

Amit

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Material master in sales org data 1 tab there is field delivering plant

Keep as blank and also in CMIR and CMR

In sales order after inputting item go to item details manually shipping tab there you enter plant manually

Suppose if you want to deliver 50 units from two different plants of 25 each then material has to be entered twice(as 2 line items) and different plant has to be choosen to each line item

Regards

Raja