cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How text getting printed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am creating a text template for my client. In the text template my client wants to know which text is getting copied from quotation to order, order to delivery, delivery to invoice and also my client wants to know which the text is getting on the document.

I want to know is there any short way from which I can find out whether text is printed or not

Thanks

For the Help

Krushna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use ths function module READ_TEXT which is used to print text in the o/p, the I/P is object number which u can get from the invoice, tell the ABAp er regarding this function module he will do the necessary coding in the program.

Regards,

kishore.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krushna,

You can check the Text message by going in to the

Quotation(VA22)-->Header or Item data -->Text tab ---Identify the Text message

or

Sales document (VA02)-->Header or Item data -->Text tab ---Check quotation text message flowing here

or

Delivery document(VL02N)-->Header or Item data -->Text tab ---Check quotation text message flowing here

or

Billing document(VF03)-->Header or Item data -->Text tab ---Check quotation text message flowing here

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murli,

Thanks for your answer and intreast I am able to find how text is geting copied but not able to find how it is it is printed.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As your text determination is successful , so we will take option from sales order to delivery , and while copying in the TEXTTYPE you might have used some fields like VBAK etc but i suppose printing is not possible

But generally if you want to print any text then you should create and assign the text types in the smartforms .and in the smartorm you should assign the texttype then the text will get copied in the output as we assign the smartform to the output type

Regards

Srinath

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krushnakumar,

If you have developed the logic to print the Text message in the Sales order output or in the Delivery output or in the Invoice output you can check by taking either one of the output print.

Note:- You make sure that you have developed the output program in such a way with the help of ABAPer to capture the Text message.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Where exactly this option of printing comes in TEXTTYPE because I have searched in the configuration and in the transaction but not found out..

Plz help me with this

Thanks in advance

Krushna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am also facing this situation, as i do the print preview the text is not visible, from this discussion i understand it is not normal for text to be printed in the out of sales order or delivery or invoices, untiel and unless an abaper has done writting a programme or something, or text type has been included in smart forms, so then what is the difference between "internal text" & "External text"?, i was under the impression, that external text, would be printed in the output, could anyone please clairfy?

regards