cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low performance doing maintenance to Roles using PCFG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum,

I have a problem working the pcfg transaction in roles created previewly, doing change of authorizations in the Autorization tab, is in open get very time in show the objects structure intro 30seconds to one mimute..

How i can best the reponse time doing this active.???.. in this moment I am creating various roles preview to our Going Live, but with this low performance of the PFCG in impossible accelerate the job assignated.

Juan Carlos Garcí

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Was the SGEN executed to generate the ABAP objects?

When was the last time the DB statistics were updated. If it was before some patch update / note update, please update the same immediately.

In fact I advice you to update db statistics first even if SGEN has never been executed. If you see no improvement after db statistics, do SGEN and update DB statistics again.

Quick Info on Optimizer Statistics process:

SAP Gui Logon -> Transaction DB13 (DBA Planning Calendar) -> In the Action Pad on the right scroll to find "Check and update Optimizer Statistics" Double Click on same. Select option - All Tablespaces and click Execute immediately. Ensure that job is completed by checking the status of job after some time. Generally the optimizer statistics takes 20mins to 1hr.

As mentioned earlier, if performance does not improve, use SGEN to generate the ABAP objects and then run optimizer statistics.This should solve your problem.

Mark the question as answered if your problem was solved.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Veera,

The stadistictcs was executed according your recomendation, but the low time in execution continue using the tx PCFG, the SGEN not have implication because the stadistics and compulation program was done in paste time.. and the speed opening the transaction is fine, but when i am modifing the objects of authorization only opening the tab authorization is here in than report low performance or long time in display the object list.

How i can best the is response time in this process??

Juan Carlos Garcia