cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing( Sales invoice ) after MIGO in 3rd party processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Req help from SAP practioners :

In 3rd party processing i want to bill after MIGO ( and not wait untill MIRO is done).

I tried making the billing relevance G in item cat TAS, then did MIGO & when i try ti invoice i am getting a error "item is not relevant for billing" . The details of the error log are

Error Log

0000182050 000010 The item is not relevant for billing

Technical data

Tech. data details

Client 010

Group Number

Sales Document Number 0000182050

Item Number of the SD Document 000010

Schedule Line Number 0044

Counter in Control Tables 00

Message Identification VF

System Message Number 044

Output Type I

Message Variable 01

Message Variable 02

Message Variable 03

Message Variable 04

Group Type F

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks all for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this please change the Billing Quantity in Copy Control (TC-VTFA) Target Bill. Type F2 and From SalesDoc Type OR, for Item category TAS to E -Goods receipt quantity less invoiced quantity.

This should work. Kindly award points if helpful.

Thanks,

Vinu

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In third party process , if you want to do billing after MIGO then , you change the billing relevance to B for item category TAS and then check .Secondly when you create a purchase order then you uncheck the option GR , because if the GR is checked then until the MIRO is done then doing billing is also not possible

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks Shrinath & Raja for a reply.A further clarification :-

We are doing MIGO( we hit the COGS a/c only. So we are not looking at Item Cat TAB ), currently while using TAS item cat with billing relevance F . This is to make sure that we have shipped to the customer & then we are billing him. The problem is getting vendor invoices & posting them takes time ( this leads to delay in sales invoices ) & to avoid that we want the capability to bill after MIGO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Please check the copy control settings. In the item level of the copy control, the billing quantity has to be set to E - Goods receipt quantity less invoiced quantity. In general, E, F and I are the cotrols for thrid party processing.

Hope this helps.

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the billing relevance field B in item category TAS.

Maintain 'E' in billing quantity field for item category TAS in VTFA t.code.

You can bill the customer after doing goods receipt. Goods receipt quantity will be copied to billing document.

If you are trying to create a billing document before goods receipt, system will show billing quantity as '0' in VF01.

You can check sales order quantity and goods receipt quantity in SDMFSTRP.

Goto SA38, enter SDMFSTRP and execute. enter order number and execute.

Regards,

Chandra

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi amit

If we do MIGO then it will hit the G/L accounts also , but in copy control VTFA change the price source to B ( purchase order) .or keep price source blank(from sales order) and keep the quantity in negative and then check .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thnks for the intrest shown in my problem. A further update :

When i maintain E in copying control i can create the sales inv using Tcode VF01, after MIGO. But i am unable to get the Sales order in billing due list ( VF04 ). Since we use background batch jobs which call vaiants of VF04 we want this.

I read some OSS notes & it says that the billing due list is prepared by using a table VKDFS. In short the SO which is due for billing should be updated in the said table.When i checked for my orders which i wanted to bill in this table i could not find any. So the ques is now what will update this table?

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In third party processing the vendor supplies the goods directly to the customer and we invoice our customer after MIRO that is after receiving vendor invoice

For this item cat used is TAS and the billing relevence is F in item category

According to my knowledge no MIGO is done in this process

There is another process in which we deliver the goods to our customer after we receive the stocks in our storage location from the vendor and in that case we have to do MIGO

I think you are into this

For this item category should be TAB

Pls change your item category to TAB and see is it working?

You need to touch the item category determination for this so that automatically or manually you get TAB in sales order and try this

Regards

Raja