Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc-xi-rfc scenario random fails to be processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo all .

Let me first describe our scenario.

Generally it is an IDOC - > XI -> RFC case.

Idocs are created after an order creation .

In XI there are two different mappings, depending on the idoc structure (the IDOC type is the same, but the segments created are different) and two different receivers, each one with an individual communication channel. Each channel is allowed to have up to 200 multiple simultaneous connections .

Then, each functions decides whether the inbound data is appropriate for it and processes it or not .

Our problem is this :

If we send a bunch of orders (eg 100), all of them are processed successfully except of some of them, (eg 4 ).

In the SXMB__MONI, they are all marked as "waiting for acknowledgment" .

Yet, there is no obvious reason for their failure.

If we send again the failed orders, then 3 of them may be processed.

And finally if we send them again even the last one will be processed.

So, from what I can see, this problem cannot exist due to the data we send, or the XI configuration, or the functions that are finally called. Actually, it seems to be absolutely random.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated .

Edited by: John Syrigos on Dec 30, 2008 6:08 PM

Some clarifications : The business scenario is to handle the ORDER idocs that created in the SAP ERP system from SD (Outbound Deliveries) or the Stock Transport Orders (Outbound Deliveries). The problem for the created IDocs is that if the outbound delivery is coming from SD then for each line item of the sd document fills the segment A for example and if the outbound delivery is coming from the Stock Transport Order then fills another IDOC segment for example B. For this reason we decide to create two separate interface mappings in order to send each IDOC in both of the Function Module that handle which of them will be executed. In the daily order processing the user every afternoon use a standard SAP ERP transaction and collect all the outbound deliveries and create for the collectively the appropriate IDOCs. We suppose the mass processing will create some problems.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

one simple advice (less then one day) would be to change

>Generally it is an IDOC - > XI -> RFC case.

either to:

Generally it is an IDOC - > XI -> ABAP proxy case.

or if this is not abap proxy enabled receiver system to:

Generally it is an IDOC - > XI -> IDOC case.

if you already have a working RFC then changing it to and IDOC

and changing a mapping is less then one day and in both cases

abap proxy and IDOC you will have a clear status and LOG!

(as both IDOCs and ABAP proxies are persistent in receiver system)

this is the best possible option I believe and nothing will get lost for sure

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com XI/PI FAQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

yes, as suggestion it is better to implement an ABAP PROXY scenario but the problem in our case is that the implementation of RFC exist and is very risky to change it now. For this reason we try to find the problem in our scenario.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI micheal

i am still facing some probs in IDOC-XI-RFC..

Could You Help Me out