Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enque Replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have the following setup.

- Two HP BL860 Server which are in cluster (HP SeviceGuard)

- EVA

-O/S : HP-UX 11.31

We are installing SAP ECC 6.0 using Hig Avilibity option. (i.e. DB/CI on one node and Dialog instance on another node)

I wanted to know about Enque Replication and how it will be benifited to us?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Enqueue replicaiton is required if you are installing sap in (sw)cluster. whenever cluster node 1 failed your enqueue table from shared memeory will also get migrated (Smooth migration) to cluster2 along with the instance.

But since your is failover, enqueue replicaiton is not required as all resources will be restarted on another hardware.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav

My two cents:

- from HA perspective enqueue replication will not add significant benefit for your configuration, because when your DB/CI node crashes, you will have to restart anything again on the failover node. It won't matter if you theoretically "could" failover the enqueue service.

- i just browsed the official hp documentation and it is noted for the ease of use a single DB/CI package is preferrable. The documentation can be found here: [HP and SAP high availability|http://www.hp.com/go/sap/sgesap]

It is a good practice to keep a cluster setup as simple as possible. Less packages need less system resources and can easily be monitored. If database and Central Instance get combined in a single package, this can safe administration overhead.

So you might ask, why is it even possible to have a replicated enqueue server? As soon as you have the database separated or you have RAC, enqueue replication is the way to go.

Best regards, Michael

Edit: and hey please don't duplicate posts: