cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Universe to BI 7 InfoCubes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed BO XI 3.1 Enterprise and the SAP-BO Integration kit and the Update to the SAP Integration kit for XI 3.1. We are trying to create a Universe to our BI 7.0 instance. We can successfully create a Universe to a BI query, but if we want to connect to an cube directly, when we select the $INFOCUBE catalog, we receive this error message:

"DBD: A runtime exception has occurred. (Error getting list of cubes for catalog $INFOCUBE: Unknown error)"

The user we are logging into BI with has SAP_ALL and SAP_ADMIN security, which seems like full access.

I realize from other forum topics that we should go through a BI query as the recommended approach, but we want to at least attempt to get a Cube in a Universe working so we can prototype.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Best regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi steve,

We are also facing the same error,Please share your solution with us...

what you had done...

we re-installed the integration kit oncae again but still the same problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

You need to activate the infocubes in RSA1, so that the cubes can be accessed from BO. Go to RSA1 and go to BI Content and install all the infocubes. Unless, you wont install the infocubes in BI Content you wont get a list of cubes under $INFOCUBE in BO Designer.

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update on this issue....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

We are also facing the same situation. But, we have tested the BW cubes using a VB application MDX Sample. There we are successfully retrieving the infocubes from SAP BI 7. But, when trying to build a universe on $INFOCUBE, we are not getting any list of infocubes in BO Universe Designer. We are able retrieve the queries as usual.

Can u help me, if you get a solution for it.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I corresponded with Ingo, and provided a FM that you can execute to simulate the call that Universe makes to your BI system.

In your BI system:

Start transaction S37

Enter BAPI_MDPROVIDER_GET_CUBES

Hit F8

For the parameter CAT_NAM enter $INFOCUBE Then hit f8

We received many error messages that specific BI Content InfoCubes were not active, so we went through and activated them.

If you see entries start to appear in the CUBES table, then I think there is a good chance that Universe will start to see the entries in the $INFOCUBE folder.

We also did a reinstall of BOE and SAP integration kit, so if we find any major changes there, I'll update this thread as well.

Thanks,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve, is your problem solved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Did you a find a soln to ur problem?

I too am facing the same issue,,Please let me know.

Sreeranjani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeranjani,

No, I have not received a reply yet. We have the Universe connecting to a Query working, but I would like to know if connecting a Universe to an InfoCube is really an option.

I'll definitely update this question if I get a reply from outside SDN.

Thanks,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am also facing this problem. Is there anybody who can answer this issue?

Ingo - Any help here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeranjini, is your problem solved. Please let me know the solution.