cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB DYNPRO JAVA INTERFACE VIEW

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anydody explain me the difference between view and interface view.

and how interface view is linked to interface controller

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

simple view displays output to the user or very simple it is front end which is shown to the user....

and interface view...

Each window has a uniquely assigned interface view. This interface view represents the outward view of the window. The interface view is linked with a Web Dynpro application so that the window can be called using a URL.

Furthermore, the interface view enables windows to be reused by multiple components (see also, Web Dynpro Component Interfaces). This means that in addition to all component-specific views, the interface views of windows of all components that are known by the current component (that is, for which a component use has been created) can be embedded in a window. Just like the view, the interface view has inbound plugs and outbound plugs and can be integrated in navigation structure of another window using these plugs. See also Web Dynpro Component). These are plugs of the appropriate window that are explicitly marked as interface plugs and can therefore be provided to the interface of the component.

Each view can be displayed only once in the current window at the same time; this also applies to an interface view of a used component. It is possible, however, to declare several uses for one and the same component. In this way, you can display an interface view multiple times.

0 Kudos

Hi,

"Each view can be displayed only once in the current window at the same time; this also applies to an interface view of a used component. It is possible, however, to declare several uses for one and the same component. In this way, you can display an interface view multiple times."

I am really interested how this can be achieved! I would like to use a used component's interface view several times in one view. In nut shell: based on certain conditions i need to display tables per object instances. I think the most comfortable way would be if a component would be responsible for displaying the object in table. The main component would create as many instances of the used components as many object must be displayed and would embed their's interfaceview.

thanks for reply in advance,

regards,

Attila

0 Kudos

Hi,

I managed to solve it.

solution was: create as many component usage as many times i need to embed a used component's view.

Regards,

Attila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atilla ,

Could u pls let me know the details. I have the same requirement. I have three view. I need to embedded other two views inside the first view depending on some condition.

Could u pls tell me how to achive this?

Thanks,

Srikanta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Every webDynpro application has one view,it describes the layout.

Inaddition to the visible part view also contains controller and context.

view appears on the users screen when we call the application.

Where as interface view is associated with window,which can contain multiple views.

Interface view linked with WebDynpro application,so that the window can be called using a url.

Interfaceview enables window to be reused by multiple components.

Just like the view, the interface view has inbound and outbound plugs and can be integrated in navigation structure of another window using these plugs.

Regards

sowmya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

interface view:-

Each window has a uniquely assigned interface view. This interface view represents the outward view of the window. The interface view is linked with a Web Dynpro application so that the window can be called using a URL.the interface view enables windows to be reused by multiple components

view:-

Every Web Dynpro application has at least one view. The layout of a view is made up of different user interface elements, which can be nested in each other. The positioning of interface elements in one view is supported by the supplied layout variants., the layout, a view also contains a controller and a context. The data to which the elements of the view can be bound are stored and managed in the view context, enabling them to be represented or used on the screen. The view controller can contain methods for data retrieval or for processing user input.

Regards

Padma N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarbjeet,

View is the screen which is displayed to the user with the UI Elements ...interface view is used when a view in one component wants to call a view in another component....interface controller is used when one component wants to access the attributes and the methods of another component.....Hope it's clear.

Regards,

Shikhil