cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant to Depot STO Returns

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am an MM guy but as the issue was not solved in MM path, I am posting to you SD gurus.

Is there any process to get back the material sent via STO from Plant to Depot as Returned material?

The client has done partial sale of stock at Depot and wants to return the remaining stock to Plant.

Partial PGI for returns is not allowed in the system.

Please suggest a way such that the material is shown against the STO as returned material. We normally suggest 301 mvmt from Depot to Plant or Reverse STO from Depot to Plant.

Hope to get a suitable answer.

Regards,

MouleswaraRao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I came to know that there is no STD procedure for reversal of Returned material from Depot to Plant other than making a return PO or via 301 movement.

Hence I am closing the Question.

Thanks & Regards,

MouleswaraRao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mouli

As u told there is no excise scenario u can try reverse STO from depot to palnt with balance quantities.

Hope this may work out as there will be no problem in accounting also

reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot do the return process from depot to plant because if you do the return process frm Depot to mfg plant the cycle will be processed properly except for the fact that you won't be able to track the reduction in the inventory level at depot. i.e the depot will still show the stock when u carry out the return process. So it is not advisable to so a return process in case of STO

The method mentioned above needs to be followed. i.e Rasie a PO from MFg plant to a Depot and follow the normal STO process.

Hope the inputs are useful

Regards,

DDP

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thanks for your replies.

But I have mentioned in my query itself that We generally ask the clients to follow the Reverse STO (same process as from Plant to Depot was adviced to be folowed for Depot to Plant).

From MM, I advised them to even do a single/Two step transfer of Stock to Plant from Depot.

This was advised as there was no excise in this scenario.

If there is any other way then the above two, please tell me.

Thanks,

MouleswaraRao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mouleswara Rao,

Pls check following SD process:

1. Create STO which must be created in receiving plant (Manuf.plant) by ME21N

2. Create outbound delivey order) and PGI w.r.t. STO in Depot.(VL10B)

3. Post depot excise invoice using J1IJ.

4. Post the Goods Receipt in receiving plant.

5. Post excise invoice number using J1IEX.

6. Verify Invoice using MIRO.

Regards,

Abhee.