cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field make it only view not to enter in ME51N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is ther any possibility ,while creating PR or PO wanted some fields should not enter any input (i.e it need to be gray instead of white ,hence nothing can be entered in those fields)

Is there any table ,so that we could check for particular user id ,it has beed activated.

Thanks

Regards,

Dhina.

Edited by: Dhina on Dec 30, 2008 3:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want the setting at user level? In that case you can create transaction variants using SHDO.

The field settings at client level can be maintained via config settings in SPRO.In this case the field status depends on the following influencing factors:

o Transaction: E.g ME21N, ME32, ME33 etc.

o Activity Category: Create AKTH, Change AKTV, Display AKTA & Extend PO AKTE

o Document type: UBF for UB, NBF for NB

o Item category: is determined in combination with the document category. First two characters consist of letters PT, third item category and fourth document category:

A for RFQs, B for PRs, F for POs, K for contracts, L for SAs. e.g PT3F for a SC item in a PO.

It is not possible to maintain the field setting via authorizations for ME51N.But,You can also consider some user parameters like EFB which can influence the functional authorizations for buyers. It serves to control authorization for price display or entry in external purchasing documents (POs or outline agreements). EFB is used for function authorizations in purchasing. E.g. if you want to revoke display price for the user then you may use value $$$$ for the parameter EFB.

Edited by: Subramaniam Iyer on Dec 31, 2008 4:48 AM

Answers (0)