cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notification for AE password Self-Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have tried to setup AE Password Self-Service and to an extent, its working. However, I do not receive an email notification on the newly changed password.

I have checked my SMTP settings via SCOT and for sure its working as thats the same system which I'm using the FireFighter (which works and sends out email notification).

I've checked on the backend system on the "changed documents" and I see that password was indeed changed by the user which I've used in the background job created in AE.

It seems to me that something is not correctly setup for the communication between AE and the backend system but I cannot figure out which area I should look into (after the above troubleshooting).

If anyone have any suggestions, I would be much appreciated.

P.S: I ahve done the below post-installation configuration:

1) ceated the connectors and tested the connections with success

2) setup verification fields in the password self service (successful as in the initial screen of AE, I'm about to request a change for a new password and the successful message appears)

3) SMTP server in the Workflow is also setup

4) User Data Source is updated (SAP UME)

5) Backgrund jobs on Email Dispatcher and Email Reminder are created

Thanks.

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

All most configuration for AE Password selfservice seems to be done , Check and maintain Email in HR (PA30 Transaction -->0105(Info type) and 0010(Sub info type).

Thanks and Regards,

Jagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagat...spot on. Missing the 0010 email address.

Thanks alot and have a great New Year Celebration !!

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagat,

Where do we need to modify those parameters suggetsed by you because i can't find any option to change these infotypes in AE.

Kindly suggest, Can you kindly share ADM 955 if you possibly have it with you.

Thanks and Regards,

Siddharth Kaul

Answers (0)