cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.10 instatllation errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install SAP GUI 7.10 on my laptop which run Windows XP SP/2, 32 bit. When the installations is finished, there is a message, "installation complete with errors." When I click on the error report there many files that it says have not been installed. All are *.ocx files. Although, they are copied over to the laptop. The error code is 2147024893. When I click on SAP logon from my desktop nothing happens.

I have successfully installed SAP GUI 7.10 with the same CD on to other desktops and they run flawlessly. Installing through the network gave the same problems on the laptop.

I could not find anything on the blog, forums or help website concerning this specific problem. I searched for it on the internet and found other people were getting the same problem but there weren't any solutions. Is this something common?

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Adil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adil

I am one of the responsible Supporter in the BC-FES-INS component.

A look into the log file ( NWsapsetup.log ) always provides the first possibility of the

analysis. An error in the installation log is flagged as "2E" .

Please check the following on the affected client:

- do you have error entries in the NWsapsetup.log liek this:

NwSapFeiKr 2E Module mfc80.dll is unresolved

NwSapFeiKr 2E Module msvcr80.dll is unresolved ?

- if yes, then the installation of the "Microsoft redistributable runtime DLLs VS2005 SP1(x86)" is

corrupt ! -> i recommend you to open a message in the SAP SUPPORT under BC-FES-INS or do the following:

1. deinstall the sapgui in the Control Panel / ADD REMOVE SOFTWARE

2. empty or delete the folder c:\program files\sap\frontend

3. empty or delete the folder c:\program files\sap\sapsetup

4. empty or delete the folder c:\program files\common files\SAP Shared

5. delete the folder c:\windows\sapwksta ( if it exist )

6. delete the Registrie Keys:

HKCU\Software\SAP

HKLM\software\sap

1. delet all SAP* entries in the following registry folder:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\SharedDlls

1. deinstall the Microsoft redistributable runtime DLLs VS2005 SP1(x86)

2. install the sapgui again from your installation source -> Please use the new COMPILATION 3 CD for this

3. is DOT NET 1.1 AND 2 or 3 installed ?

-Otherwise a analys in this forum is very difficult.

BEST REGARDS

SVEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, now you need to deinstall SAPGUI (go to control panel), and all other installed components (if have lke BEX) , after delete the SAP folder from program files, "sap shared" (if exist) from "program files" -->

"common files" , restart PC, and try new installation from CD for example.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I experienced the same thing trying to install over the network. In the logs, it looks like the account running the install didnt have rights to copy those .ocx files. I double-checked all the local security handling, and I also tried running the install as a domain admin, but it still didn't work.

I was still struggling with it when compilation 3 came out. Once I upgraded my installation server to comp 3, then it works fine. Are you working with 710, compilation 3?

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=N&FUNCTIO...