Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Analysis Workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Greetings to one and all.

I am using the transaction CNPAWB (Project Analysis Workbench). After executing the transaction i am exporting the file to my local system in the excel format. I edit some values in the exported file and try to import it back to the SAP system.

However when i am trying to import the edited file system is throwing an error as "OBJNR is missing in the uploaded file". I tried changing the layout of the screen in SAP with the object number being displayed, exported it to the local system and then edited the file again in my local system. Still when i try to upload the edited file system is throwing the same error " OBJNR is missing in the uploaded file".

Request all the experts to kindly help out in solving this issue asap since this is an important component in our implementation exercise.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gokul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No further discussions on this.Hence closing.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how are you importing back??

I didn't think there was std functionlaity to import back to SAP exceplt via flexible upload for cost element planning or LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virendra,

This is a standard functionality in ECC 6.0. Request you to check the tcode CNPAWB. Before executing it click on Progress Analysis and you will find an option to Import files from your local system to SAP.

I have been trying to find out a solution for quite some time now but unable to figure out the exact problem. However i feel it has got something to do with the file format. Request you to help me out in this.

Thanks & Regards,

Gokul

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok i have been able to export and import the same file back

so what type of changes are you making?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virendra,

Let me expalin this step by step,

1) I execute the transaction CNPAWB for the relevant Project Definition.

2) I click the "Export" option and choose the option Local file and select the Spreadsheet button. I export this file onto my desktop in ".xls" format.

3) Once this file is saved in my local system i just change 2 values i.e. Plan POC and Actual POC.

4) Next, when i try importing the file back to SAP, system is throwing the error that i have mentioned in my previous post.

I would like to know a couple of things from your side,

When you export the file to your local system what format do you save it in? Are you using MS Office 2003 or 2007?

Hope i will be able to solve this thing with your help. Kindly do the needful.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Plz refer this it may give u some inf:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/db/7c2d8d7a3541d998e8dd56a36e21fc/content.htm

Importing and Exporting Data

Use

You can export the data that you have called up in the progress analysis workbench to Microsoft® Excel, where you can change it before importing it back into the progress analysis workbench.

Exporting Data

1. Call up the data for your project objects.

2. Choose Progress Analysis ® Export ® Excel.

3. Choose the required view (table or pivot table).

4. Choose Enter.

The system displays the data in Microsoft Excel, where you can change the following values:

¡ For WBS elements and activities:

§ Percentage of completion

§ Customer-defined fields

§ User fields

§ Dates (actual and forecast dates for activities; basic and actual dates for WBS elements)

¡ For milestones:

§ Percentage of completion

§ Dates (basic, forecast, and actual)

Importing Data

1. On the initial screen for the progress analysis workbench, choose Progress Analysis ® Import ® Excel.

2. Select the Microsoft Excel file that you want to import.

The system imports the data into the progress analysis workbench, and updates the changed values in the SAP system.

You can only upload project objects that have a number.

Dates must have the format: mm-dd-yyyy.

Regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandrasai,

Thanks for your post.

After going through the entire stuff i am encountering this problem. Kindly refer my previous posts and help.

Thanks & Regards,

Gokul

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

on exporting I am saving as excel format MS Excel 2003 SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Virendra,

Request you to explain the steps you are following while exporting. I tried exporting it and saving it in MS Excel 97-2003 format. After saving it, when i change the POC values the values only for the Actual POC are getting updated but the Plan POC values are not getting updated. Instead the value of the Plan POC in the SAP screen is displayed as "0". When i am updating the Actual POC values in excel sheet as a whole number, say 60 and then importing it to SAP, it is being displayed as 0.60.

Kindly guide me in solving this issue. Your help will be really appreaciated.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.