cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Long CIF run time even with very limited selections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am absolutely new to the SAP world and heres what i am stuck with after 3 days..

Am trying to activate CIF intergrations models for my trasaction data. Initially it failed with a TIME_OUT error. This is the msg

The termination occurred in the ABAP program "SAPLATPO" in "CATALOGUE_EXTRACT"

The main program was "RIMODACT ".

The termination occurred in line 50 of the source code of the (Include)

program "FV45VF0C_CATALOGUE_EXTRACT"

of the source code of program "FV45VF0C_CATALOGUE_EXTRACT" (when calling the

editor 500).

I made variants with very small selection ranges and still some them fail to get activated.

This was not a standard behaviour before as the whole job in background runs for say 100-200 sec max. (night job).

To give history abt the system.. this is a new system made as a client copy of another system.

Request to help me with your suggestions.

Regards,

Jayprakash K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gustavo_prez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jayprakash,

Please confirm if you finally activate the IM or you still don't.

Long time ago I couldnu2019t activate one specific IM because it were an old lock entry on SM12 trans. Go to Trans SM12, enter as user " * ", look for old entries which include the "CIF" words. Delete it and try again.

Best regards,

Gustavo Pérez

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayprakash,

The first time you activate a particular model always takes longer, you are in 'initial transfer' mode rather than 'incremental transfer' mode. It is normal to get timeouts.

Since you have copied from an existing system, you first need to understand how much 'horsepower' you have available in your new system. Your current instance may not be robust enough to support the IMs that you wish to activate. Talk to your basis team to get an insight about what performance changes you should expect.

It is wise to clean up any existing 'junk' copied from your old system. Run reports as follows:

RAPOKZFX - Program for Adjusting Field MARC-APOKZ With Integration Models

RCFUPDCR - Reorganization of superfluous CIF update counters

RCFORDCH - Check for Inconsistencies in Table CIFORDMAP

RCIFIMAX - Generate and reconcile the runtime version of active models

RCIFIMDL - Deletion of superfluous filter object keys in CIF_IM* tables

RCIFMTDE - Program for Maintaining the Materials Deactivated in CIF

RDELALOG - Delete Application Log Entries

Normally, on a new system, you then start by creating one or more 'proof-of-concept' integration models, which contain just one or two materials, and all the associated master data and transaction data for these materials. After creating them, you activate them manually. Once you are successful, and get no queue errors, then you then select all of the models you will want to use from the existing CFM1 variants, and create them, in background, using RIMODGEN. Then, activate them all, in background, using RIMODAC2 (CFM3).

Once your 'big' models have been activated once, it may then be possible to subsequently deactivate and re-activate them interactively using RIMODACT (CFM2). An obvious exception would be if they contain an extremely large number of objects. Since you have said that in the previous system the batch activation jobs only took a few minutes, this should not be an issue.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

please delete obsolete change pointers using BD22. This enhances the performance. Also I recommend to use Parallelization functionality. Please check this [Parallel Processing Functionality|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaprakash,

Please check on the following.

1) Master data in R/3

2) CIF settings in R/3 and in APO

3) Use RIMODGEN and RIMODACT for Initial transfer

4) Use CFM1 and CFM2 for Incremental transfer

5) Try to cif one location or product and check whether they are transferred, instead of checking with many items

6) Before activation, ensure all queues in R/3 and APO are cleared.

Hope this will help your query

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.