cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of HTTP - XI - RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have tested a HTTP - XI - RFC scenario on one XI server (say 'source'). Now I wish to transport it to another XI system (say 'target') using CMS and separate SLD's exist for source and target systems.

For RFC, a technical system (TS) and business system (BS) have been created on source as well as target.

Now for CMS I need to replicate the TS & BS of target on source, and specify transport target for source BS.

However the TS is basically an R/3 app server where RFC resides. So at source, when I create the TS corresponding to target, the system gives error that TS with same client already exists. In turn, I am also not able to create target's BS on source.

Pls suggest a way out...

Thanks,

- Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Is your development complete. Why i am asking this is because can you use Busienss Services. They dont require transport targets and hence are much easier in such scenario's.

Also is your R/3 server same for XI Dev and XI Test?

Regards

Sidharth

Message was edited by: Sidharth Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

Well, my development is complete in the sense that I have tested the scenario on source. It is a simple application where I send 2 no.s from HTTP client which through XI, calls an RFC, which in turn returns the sum of the 2 no.s This reply can be seen in HTTP client, thus verifying the process.

I haven't considered the business service option. I will try out that also...

R/3 server is same for DEV as well as Test systems.

Thanks,

- Shankar.

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I tried this scenario. Unfortunately it not possible to have two BS having the same TS and also the same client. Also it is mandatory to give the Transport target. So i feel the Business Service is much easier.

You will have to maintain the Logical System name and the SAP System ID and client in the Adapter Specific Identifiers of Business Service. This is essential for RFC Adpater. You must be knowing this. Just writing for benefit of someone who does not know.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right Siddarth...

Thanks for your prompt help.

- Shankar.