Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

we don't have transport route between two test systems .

Can we upload and download auth-profiles .As we have some restriction through profiles .

or is there any other way of doing other than doing it manually one by one .

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> we don't have transport route between two test systems .

So, talk to your basis guys. They can move the transports from one system to the other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sagar,

You want to upload roles or profiles. As per my knowledge we can't upload profiles from one system to another system where as we can do it for roles. Find below the process for role upload.

1. In the PFCG Role menu click on download for downloading the roles to your work station or from utilities menu you can do this process for mass roles using "Mass Download". Enter the file name for your roles.

2. Login to your 2nd system where you want to deploy these new roles. Go to PFCG Role menu click on upload and select the file from your workstation. It will display list of roles. Just click on right mark to upload those.

3. After completing the upload you have to generate each and every role or using SUPC you can generate mass roles.

Regards,

Sri Vandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I concur sridhar regarding role download/upload.

In addition, if you are dealing with derived/composite roles, you are recommended to download all roles from which a role is derived and all roles which composite role contains are also downloaded to avoid any inconsistencies.

Hope, it makes some sense.

Cheers!

Ashok

0 Kudos

> I concur sridhar regarding role download/upload.

So do I but the original post was about profiles, not roles......

0 Kudos

Hello all ,

My question was on Profiles .

Whether we can upload/download ?

or any other way to do it as we don't have tranport route and defining the route is not allowed .

0 Kudos

> defining the route is not allowed.

That's not neccesary. Your basis admins should be able to move/copy the transport's datafile and cofile to the other system and import the data there.

I do not know about profile downloads/uploads since all my experience is from 4.6 and newer so I am used to dealing with roles rather than profiles.

You could consider 'upgrading' to roles by building roles based on your profiles. Then you can enjoy the download/upload functionality of PFCG.