cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Inbox :: Full contents not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on Alert Management & everything went fine. But when I am getting Message under " <i>Long text</i> " & user list under "<i>recipient</i>" tabs in <u>Alert Inbox</u>, they are not completely visible.

I mean only the message within one tab is coming.

It seems that BSP coding for this page need to be changed, which can increase the width & length somehow.

One of my colleague who knows BSP tried to change the code of this "alertinbox" but he said that width is already 100% & he cant increase more that that.

Can someone tell me where do i need to make changes & what needs to be done.

Pls. Suggest.

Best Regards

- Lalit Chaudhary -

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem can be found within the SEND method of the CL_ALERT_MANAGER class. In this method it executes the following code:

CALL METHOD alert_cat_man->get_short_text

EXPORTING

ip_cat = l_cat

ii_container = li_container

ip_langu = l_langu

IMPORTING

ep_text = ep_textstring.

li_container has an attribute mt_elements which contains the values of the containers of the alert category, the recipients and the logical system.

ep_textstring is an ordinary string.

I have an alert category which has 1 container, a char160 field. I want to put a char140 field in it:

<i>XIDCLNT050 : Testtype on 20070419 / 103154 interval of 30 min, less than 1 received!</i>

This char140 field is put in the &ERROR_TEXT& container.

The ep_textstring is the finalized string (as defined in transaction ALRTCATDEF).

and in my case should look like:

<i>Alert IDOC_MONI: &ERROR_TEXT&</i>

If we put in the actual value of &ERROR_TEXT& we get:

<i>Alert IDOC_MONI: XIDCLNT050 : Testtype on 20070419 / 103154 interval of 30 min, less than 1 received!</i>.

However the output of ep_textstring looks like:

<i>Alert IDOC_MONI: XIDCLNT050 : TESTTYPE ON 20070419 / 103154 INTERVAL OF 30 MIN, LESS THAN 1 RECEI</i>

ep_textstring is 97 characters long and the correct string should be 101 characters long so both should fit easily in a short text.

In my opinion it's a bug in SAP so im trying to get an answer from them.

Kind regards,

Wouter Luijten

edit: got an answer. all texts are 80 characters long. So if your texts are longer than that, they will be truncated.

Message was edited by:

Wouter Luijten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit

I am also getting the formating problem when trying to view the message in the Alert Inbox.

Did you ever resolve the issue?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Daniel.

I tried to view the page in different browser but still same results.

Seems to be the problem with the BSP code only. I am planning to raise this issue on SAP Help.

If anyone knows the solution of this, Pls. suggest.

- Lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>When I click on the BOX to the left of each message, I can view all contents under LONG TEXT , SHORT TEXT and RECEIPIENTS.</i>

Yes Bhavesh I am viewing my contents using above steps only. Actually the page on which you view your Alerts is the BSP coded page & same thing you can view with TCODE: ALRTINBOX.

It seems that internal coding for this page needs to be changed in order to view the whole messages. If you give me your mail ID I can fwd you the snapshot.

Lalit

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

My Mail ID can be found in my Business Card

I have never encountered the problem that you are facing and so, I dont think I will be able to help you much on this issue. I guess I was lucky that my BSP page had been configured to view the entire message

Have you tried to open the Alert Inbox in any other browser than the one you normally use..?? I know its a real long shot, but who knows it might even work.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

I am using Dynamic Text which will show the message under " Long Text " tab.

I view the source code of that page & the message is there but it is not coming on the BSP Page.

Lalit

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

/<i>I view the source code of that page & the message is there but it is not coming on the BSP Page.</i>

I dont think i can follow you. Can you explain what a BSP Page is??

Normally, to view the messages triggered by my alerts, I go to RunTimeWorkbench --> ALERT INBOX and there I get a list of the messages. When I click on the BOX to the left of each message, I can view all contents under LONG TEXT , SHORT TEXT and RECEIPIENTS. I know this might sound very stupid, but is this how you are viewing your messages in your ALERT INBOX??

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh.

But all those notes are related to Alert Configuration which will lead to alert messages.

I am getting the alert messages but problem is with Page Formatting. I am not able to see them properly.

Can anyone check their Alerts in their Inboxes.

- lalit -

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

I did check the same in my ALert Inbox the moment I saw your query to try to understand what you are trying to talk about.

My Alert Inbox has all details in it wihthout the problem of page formatting.

Are you able to open your message in your Alert Inbox??

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

I am not sure if these notes are related exactly to your problem, but the sure do deal with the problem of Alert Configuration., I would suggest that you go through them and check if it helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh