cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in installing ADS in CE 7.1 Ehp1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install the Adobe Document Services on my CE Ehp1 System.I have downloaded the

corresponding SCA file and update file from the servive market place.

When i click on the update file,it is asking for Java EE Administrator password.I gave the password correctly,but it is giving message "Password validation has failed".

I checked the "checkPasswdViaUpdateJar.log" file.It is showing the error message

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.tc.logging.Location.getLocation(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/sap/tc/logging/Location;

at com.sap.engine.frame.client.ClientFactory.<clinit>(ClientFactory.java:22)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getCTC(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:609)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBroker.checkCOs(P4ObjectBroker.java:1108)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getRemoteBroker(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:726)

at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.Destination.getNextAvailableBroker(Destination.java:50)

at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.Destination.getRemoteBroker(Destination.java:35)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:344)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)

at com.sap.lm.jspmadapter.standalone.utils.engine.CheckEnginePassword.createInitialContext(CheckEnginePassword.java:143)

at com.sap.lm.jspmadapter.standalone.utils.engine.CheckEnginePassword.checkPasswordAgainstEngine(CheckEnginePassword.java:122)

at com.sap.lm.jspmadapter.standalone.utils.engine.CheckEnginePassword.main(CheckEnginePassword.java:69)

I need help on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I ran into this as well. For me, the fix was:

1. I downloaded SP07 for ADOBE DOCUMENT SERVICES 7.10 using SAP Download Manager.

2. The blog instructions (which you probably used) said to run SDM--but keep in mind those instructions were written (I believe) for NW04S.

3. The working instructions are below:

a. When the file is downloaded, use Windows Explorer to locate your downloaded file. In the shot below, I used a folder called SAP Downloads that I created especially to hold the results:

b. Right-click and Copy the SCA file. Then navigate to the folder <install_drive>:\usr\sap\CE1\SYS\EPS\in and Paste the SCA file into that folder. You can see below that I used the 😧 drive to install my SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 Trial:

c. Navigate to the folder <install_drive>:\usr\sap\CE1\J00\j2ee\JSPM and locate the go.bat file and double-click it.

d. This brings up the Software Delivery Tool. Enter your AS Java user (by default Administrator for the user ID and the admin password is abcd1234 if you followed the SAP installation documents.

e. Follow the instructions in the wizard and it will install the Adobe Document Services. Woohoo!

Of course, assuming the above helps you at all, you still have the Configuration to work through. I'm writing a full document (so far, 22 pages) on the steps to get the first Adobe form working with EHP1.

Cheers,

Andy