Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted/Garbled Role Menu upon download/upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team-

If I download/upload security roles from/to any system, many times, I see that the menu language node text of the role is currupt.

To check which roles effected, I can check using SE16/Z_tabu_dis and display table name AGR_HIERT.

Hash(#) marks in the node text column indicate that the menu language node is corrupted.

How to fix: Go to SA38-run program PRGN_CORRMEN2-enter role name and target language.

This I can do one by one.

I am in search of a parmanent fix for this while downloading/uploading. Can this be fixed while downloading/uploading roles rather this one by one step solution.

Any help in this regard would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES.

There is a hash(#) entry at the end with text editor. Pls find below the sample.

AGR_HIERT 110Z:BC_ENDUSER 300000048###

Thanks,

Ashok

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you open your downloaded file with a text editor and have a look at the lines starting with AGR_HIERT, do you see the same hash marks there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES.

There is a hash(#) entry at the end with text editor. Pls find below the sample.

AGR_HIERT 110Z:BC_ENDUSER 300000048###

Thanks,

Ashok

0 Kudos

I think this is a codepage issue.

If you download roles, do you see a 'parameter' option in the download dialog box? If so, play arpound with the different codepages. UTF8 mostly does the trick for me but if you have a lot of special characters in your language you may need another one. Make sure you use the same codepage for downloading and uploading.

Also, when re-doing this I advise you to delete the roles in the target system first. I've seen some unpredictable behaviour in the uploads where not everything was overwritten.

For checking the textfile I always use UltraEdit. That can handle almost everything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Jurjen ! Excellent !!

By default, my parameter field is blank, but when I tried with "UTF8 for Unicode Systems" in parameter field, it worked for me.

Thanks again.

Ashok