0 Kudos

Can any body explain me what is Trans stock Management

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sasi,

If its related to trasportation stock management it must be stock in transit.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/4d/4b9036dfe4b703e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

The stock in transit is the quantity of a material that was withdrawn from the stock of the issuing plant but has not yet arrived at the receiving plant. You can display the stock in transit using the following functions.

● Stock overview

● Plant stock availability list

Displaying Transit Stock in the Stock Overview

You can display the stock in transit in the stock overview of a material as follows:

1. From the Inventory Management menu, choose Environment ® Stock ® Stock Overview.

2. Enter your selection criteria (for example, the material and receiving plant).

3. Carry out the evaluation. A stock overview of your selected plants is displayed.

4. Select a plant and choose Detailed Display. The stocks in the plant are displayed in a dialog box.

Scroll down until the stock in transit is displayed.

Displaying Transit Stock in the Plant Stock Availability List

The transit stock for the receiving plant can also be displayed in the plant stock availability list for a material. To do this, proceed as follows:

1. From the Inventory Management menu, choose Environment ® Stock ® Plant Stock Availability.

The initial screen for this function appears.

2. Enter the material and the receiving plant.

3. Enter the layout.

4. Carry out the evaluation. A list of the plant stock availability for the material is displayed, including stock in transit.

Regds

MM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it Trunk Stock Management ??

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sasi

Can you please be clear in your question ?? Do you wanted to know about

- Stock Management or

- Stock in Transit

Also please let us know for which scenario, you are asking.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really dont know where this topic is applicable....

Some one asked me this question in our discussion....he only told me it related to SAP.

No matter leave it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sasi,

It could have been more helpful, if any clue would have been given (like, point of discussion, where the Term: "Trans Stock Management" is being referred).

Anyways, just for info-sake, you may refer to Links:

[Stock in Transit|http://www.sap123.com/archive/index.php/t-166.html]

[Stock Movement - Plant to Plant|http://www.sap123.com/showthread.php?t=176]

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

This is industry specific terminilogy or company specific terminology in business process... when you come to SAP then SAP has standard terminology of their own.

So when you come to your question... Trans Stock Management is Intra company stock transfer or Plant to Plant stock tranfer and Trans National Management or Process is Inter company stock transfer.

I think this information suffice your problem and if you are in real industry specific scenarios you will come across these terminlogies, these are all trypical words we can heard in business nature but when you come to SAP, these terminilogies are different.

regards

rc gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sasi,

Where do you wanna require this..?

Or just for info-sake..

Best Regards,

Amit