cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PO from shipment cost document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how a purchase order type is linked to a shipment cost document so as to create purchase orders automatically when I do transfer posting to the vendor from the shipment cost document. How system automatically finds out the PO type and creates purchase order? I know there exists a setting in shipment item category definition, as to define daily, weekly or monthly auto PO generation. But how a PO type is linked to it and where? If I wanted to create my own custom PO type (eg: ZB) and assign it for my shipment costing, where the settings would be?

Thanks,

Emaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emaya,

I think the settings are at Logistics Execution>Transportation>Shipment Cost>Shipment Cost Document>Shipment Cost Settlement--Assign Purchasing Data

These are generally done by MM guys so I am not sure, how a specific PO type could be picked

from a specific Purchase Organization.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Anil Chavan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Emaya,

Check the Shipment document type settings in the shipment document type detail settings through this IMG path.

IMG->Logistics execution>Transportation>Shipment costs>shipment cost document -->Shipment cost types and item categories here you select your shipment document then go in to the detail screen of that here check the settings one by one(Because Iam not sure which field it is. Right now I am not able to access SAP system).

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Emaya,

Personally, Don't have much idea about your requriement, however, you may check with following threads:

Hope, this will be helpful, some extent.

Best Regards,

Amit