cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent setup wizard-Dialog instance agents not seen in Wily introscope

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have setup the SMD agents on one of our pure Java system for the CI and two Dialog instances.

All the agents are up and running ,set the insatnce filter properly and ran the setup wizard .

Wizard ran fine without problems.

But noticed one things that normally when the setup wizard is done well ,when we go out and check again in Diagnostics setup >setup wizard /setup results> choose the solution > then check the corresponding system ex .X20 found that its neither yellow or green or red but further when chose next i could see the results well with green icons.

So here went ahead further to setup the Introscope agent,but to my surprise i found only the CI agent only ,normally here the other two dialog instances -server0 and its ISagent profle should be visible .

but here thats not the case.Still i went ahead setting up the instroscope agent and restarting the total agent.Ofcourse even after that the view in Introscope agent is unchanged.

Then checked if i can see the agents in Introscope investigator,i could see the CI and both Dialog instances.

Again further checked the functionality of the system in SMD as following

Rootcause analysis >workload >Java >Java memeory analysis

Here again its not correct ,found only the CI server0 and dispatcher ,the other two dialog instances are missing ,whereas for other java only stack systems we could see all the instances here.

I checked the scheduler tasks and found that three important tasks like

1)collect configuration data

2)Collectsoftware change data

3)EWA GCA task

ran fine for all the three instances (1 CI and 2 Dialog)

I suspect here that something is wrong and missing.Kindly let me know if you have any suggestions here.The system is done SAP Internet Sales R/3 4.0_640.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, one SMD agent has to be installed by physical (or virtual) host. When you have a system with a central instance and a dialog instance on different hosts, you have to install a SMD agent on each host.

Hope this solves your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thank you for your reply...

I have installed the SMD agents on each virtual host i.e. on one on CI and two on dialog instances....

Did the same on other pure Java stack systems..didnt have a problem there...but the problem is only with this system..