cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEA License needs to be maintained in Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I am working on Pharma project and we have a requirement to maintain different pharma licenses (Totally 11 licenses like DEA License, Substance forms, e-pedigree etc) on Ship to customer master for clinet. When i checked in customer master i don't find any fileds which can hold more licenses for ship to customer master.

I think few of guys in this forum already worked or working for US pharma clients If you could suggest me a solution it would be great. I have proposed a solution to client as extension on customer master but if anybody can give a better solution (standard or extension functional doc) it would be appreciate.

regards

rc gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I have worked with 2 clients having DEA requirement and we used 2 different ways of maintianing the license numbers for the Ship-to's. Not only that, i think you would also need to copy the license number in the order, check the validity date of the license and also do an algorithm check for the license number.

2 ways are:

1) Used BADI CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA to add a custom tab in the customer master. Added a subscreen in this tab. Appended a custom field ZDEA in KNA1 and placed the field in the sub-screen. you will have to use the set/get parameters in the BADi and a developer can do it very easily.

2) Maintained a Z table with key fields as Customer and DEA and maintained all the DEA numbers in that table.

This part is very simple and canbe done easily. The challenge comes in the other part of checking in the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biswas,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion on this subject...

I have proposed same thing to client which you mentioned and as you rightly said, writing the code to validate in sales order against different DEA numbers are big task. If you could help me how we can write a validation logic (Algorithm Logic) when sales order execute for a customer that would be better then i can translate to my ABAPers or if you already written extension FD or Doc... you can pass on to me that will help me to move on further.

Hi Guys,

Awaiting for your valuable inputs in this regard.

regards

rc gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far as i remember, a DEA is a 9 digit code

first 2 are alphabets

next 7 are numbers with a special mathematical rule.

Add the first, third and fifth numbers.

Now add the second, fourth and sixth numbers.

Add this to the first sum.

Take the last digit in that sum

The final digit (7th number) in the above DEA number must be 6.

So this logic has to be incorporated in your user exit userexit_save_prepare.

To copy the DEA in your sales order, you again have to create new subscreen in the additional data A (or B) tab at the item level (since ship-to's can be different at item level) and populate the value from KNA1.

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijeet,

Thanks for your valuable answer... Let me try this solution.

If anything i need it in future on pharam specific... jus help me.

Hi Shiva Ram,

Tcode VX01N used for export license not for pharma license... Anyhow thanks for answer.

regards

rc gopi

regards

rc gopi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use transaction code VX01N to maintain licenses details. This is SAP standard functionality.

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi

Not worked on the requirement indicated by you. However, please explore the possibility of using the customer master Sales Area Data and sub tab "Billing Documents", where you can see a box with magnigying lens "Licenses".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimit,

If i control through a text then it cannot do a validation whether customer holds appropriate license when a sales order enters for a customer and this is a mandatory for US pharma clients. That's why I specifically asked any guys who are in US pharma project. Moreover this extensions already done in many pharma projects... Let me watch if anybody gives a better solution.

Hi Lakshmipathy,

The license which you are mentioned to use for Tax related license and other licenses. These licenses which i referred for pharam industry basically those pharma licenses are mandatory when transactions execute with customer and it does validation on ship to customer depends on US states.

regards

rc gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can make use of Text control function for defining your various licence details into Text fields which can be created using the following path: -

Go to IMG ->Sales and Distribution ->Basic Functions ->Text Control

Regards,

Nimit

Edited by: Nimit Raiya on Dec 30, 2008 4:04 PM