cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to go back to initial working webdynpro project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I started from a working webdynpro application. After I have made some changes, the application does'nt work anymore. Now I just want to go back to the original working application.

What is the best practice/solution to go back to my original application ? I'm using NWDI , changes made have already been checkedin and release but not activated. ( revert is not an option as activities are already released )

When I create projects from Inactive DC's ( application deployed on the server that is still working ) and build, there are no errors. The only problem is I can not edit project made from Inactive DC's ...

Is it somehow possible to copy Inactive DC's projects to Active DC's projects ? So I can start with a working application again ...

Anyone can help me please ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I made a mistake in my question :

Hi all,

I started from a working webdynpro application. After I have made some changes, the application does'nt work anymore. Now I just want to go back to the original working application.

What is the best practice/solution to go back to my original application ? I'm using NWDI , changes made have already been checkedin and release but not activated. ( revert is not an option as activities are already released )

When I create projects from Inactive DC's Active DC's ( application deployed on the server that is still working ) and build, there are no errors. The only problem is I can not edit project made from Inactive DC's Active DC's ...

Is it somehow possible to copy Inactive DC's Active DC's projects to Active DC's Inactive DC's projects ? So I can start with a working application again ...

-

Pradeep, thx for your answer. As I really messed up bad, I don't want to go in detail to the errors. The fastest solution is to get to my initial working project ( Active DC's )

So what you are saying :

1) In Development Configurations View -> Inactive DC's tab -> sync sources ... which will sync the same sources as from the Active DC's ?

2) After syncing , creating projects again from the DC's and I should get back up and running ...

What I really want to avoid is to activate the released activities by mistake ... then I would really have a problem. How can I delete activities that are not yet activated in the NWDI ?

Many thx !

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said previously, best practice is get the latest (last) working version form inactive DC's.

Go to inactive DC's, find your DC, right click and click Sync, it will syncronize all the dependents. then you can right click on the same dc and click "create project" which will create project in your local dev environment. The latest working backup will be stored in inactive DC's. so use only inactive DC's to get the last working DC.

to clear all failure activities , go to transport view tab, right click on the activities which are waiting / pending click revert/ release.

or else when you try to activate any activity, tool will ask to activate all predresser activities then say yes and activate all.

Check this link to find out about active and inactive DC's

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/2b/e4a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

it says

The active state of a DC cannot be changed directly by the developer. You can only change the inactive state and then activate the change. For this reason, in projects that contain the active state, you cannot check out files for editing, delete them or add them to the DTR.

PradeeP

Edited by: pradeep bondla on Dec 30, 2008 11:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep, thx for your reply, I've followed your advice and the issue is solved.

Kind regards,

Abjuh

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abjuh,

Go DTR perspective -> Open Version Graph view

Here you can go back to the older version. From here you can create an activity and do modifications

Regards,

Siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you already did, the best practice is get the working code from inactive DC's only.

Before creating projects from inactive DC's, sync the DC and then create the project and you can work as initially.

Whats the problem you are facing when you want to edit the code?

Any activity is still open? if yes, clear all the predresser activities and then create a new activity when you do modification.

is it not checking out? are you getting some errors?

Please post the details / exact error / problem you are getting when modifying the project created from inactive DC's.

PradeeP

Edited by: pradeep bondla on Dec 30, 2008 11:06 AM