Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not authorized to use this function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While running the T-Codes MMNR, OMRJ, OMH6 and W4EN we are getting the following message as a POPUP " You are not Authorized to use this function" while I tried to look into SU53 result is showing as Successfull .....could you guys pls help me out to resolve this issue.

Regrads,

Prashant

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prasant

i think someone restricted that t codes.IN SU 53 it shows only which authorization object missed.and its activties.double click on that message what got while clicking on that t codes.according to u do

by

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those look like customizing transactions (=> the standard ones in the IMG). Possibly your client settings are preventing you from changing the customizing. Check your settings in SCC4 (table T000), but if I remember correctly the system usually gives a "client settings are not modifiable" message and changes to display mode (if authorized).

ps: Is this in a SolMan system?

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Dec 30, 2008 10:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use ST01 to trace the which authorization object it is checking. This will show the exact error.

Regards,

Sneha

0 Kudos

No these are all standard transactions....its not yet working.

Regards,

Prashant.

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Please check , S_Number authorization object. Hope it has activity 03 and number ranges EINKBELEG, EUROPARTNR, MATERIALNR, RE_BELEG.

It should work , if role is having above values.

Regards,

Sneha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant-

All these transactions existed with exception of W4EN and thrown me su53 screen with s_tcode object.

To ans your question, please clear the points below-

Do you have access to these tcodes and something you are missing within these tcodes? If so, many times, some group of users are put in a particular authorization group to use particular functionality within tcode. Make sure you have been put under the same. In these scenarios, what I have experienced, su53 either throwing wrong auth. object or auth. successful.

Never seen such auth. error message at transaction start...something like "...not authorised to use this FUNCTION (rather have seen Transaction or No profile definition etc in place of FUNCTION).

Please clearly mention the steps you are performing and what exactly you are getting after what steps.

Thanks,

Ashok

Edited by: Ashok Roy on Dec 30, 2008 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

A few days back we faced a similar problem in ECC 5.0, The authorizations work fine in other versions.

You may have a look at the link pasted below and draw some ideas from the same:

Link: [Authorization problem when executing SNUM|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

you might get the message NR 810 in transaction MMNR when you have not got the right for authority object S_NUMBER regarding else the field NROBJ or field ACTVT. Confer Program SAPMSNUM Module d100_get_info :

perform check_authority using tnro-object auth.

if auth = 'N'.

message e810. .

Regards

p121848

0 Kudos

Thanks for ur support.

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

So how you solved this problem, could you please let us know

Regards

Subhash

0 Kudos

For whom who does not lnow this solution.

This note needs to be implemented.

1037230 Authorization check not as documented

1109298 SNUM: You are not authorized to use this function

Regards,

Subhash