cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ftp connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a file to rfc scenario where i pick up files from a ftp server.

i also have a idoc to file and rfc to file scenario working with the same ftp.

so i have 3 CC working with the same ftp server, one picking up files and two puting files.

the ftp server has a firewall that locks you out if it detects a auspices behavior for 10 minuets,

so usualy i stop the CC for 10 minutes and than it works fine.

this are the errors i get:

"Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "92.67.67.141:21": java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect"

and than i get an error:

"An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '92.67.67.141:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 140,10,228)'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor"

but once or twice a day the CC stops working completely with the same errors.

i think that maybe the CC that picks up the files and the 2 CC puting files are working at the same time and creating the auspices behavior.

can anybody give input on what can i check or if someone encountered the same problem ?

TX

Edited by: Zevik Heinoch on Dec 30, 2008 9:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As mentioned in your query the problem seems to be with the restricted authorization and the firewall across FTP server.

Please confirm with your FTP contact person, as XI is using the same login details and access the FTP simultaneously. This may be consider as a auspices behavior for that ID.

You need to provide the proper authoriztions and roles to allow multiple login on FTP.

Thanks

Swarup

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zevik,

Check Question no. 26 of sap note no. 821267. which says

This problem is either caused by incorrect firewall / packet filter settings or an incorrect configuration of the FTP server. Also make sure that you have correctly specified the host name / IP address and port of the FTP server.

Changing the connection type from 'active' to 'passive' (or vice versa) might additionally help to work around the incorrect firewall configuration.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Update java kernel in your system .problem will be solved

Thanks

sandeep

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know about which SP level you working on? This problem has been corrected in patch 3 for support package 14 of the component XI ADAPTER FRAMEWORK CORE 3.0.

Also check if port is open and socket is working.

regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PLease check for the user name and the password.

Try to check for the directory specified exists.

Try opening the ftp server with the user credentials

Check the path specified in the CC. Try to use \ or
to the directory path.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tx for all the ansewrs.

SP is 15.

all configuration is correct.

I am checking with FTP Contact for a couple of days.

Why do i need to update java kernel ?

TX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem is specific with your FTP server. I don't think the XI side service pack 14 or 15 is affected.

You must check with FTP server firwall details & authorizations.

The system ID need to sufficient authorizations.

Thanks

Swarup

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I asked for SP level because the error

>> com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx

is responsible for these kind of errors till SP 14 for component component XI ADAPTER FRAMEWORK CORE 3.0. For more information please refer to SAP note 889410.

Also as you said, you are in SP 15, still check the solution in above note and try to figure out.There is no need to update the java kernel, i am not sure about this answer.

About other possibilities, there is an obvious reply to check the configuration of FTP server coz of connection failure. Check once again the configuration related to IP, if port is open and socket is behaving properly, and you are providing correct authentication parameters. Other obvious ans is to check SAP Note 821267.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

scenario is configured OK.

also checked with FTP guys everything seemes to be alright.

note was checke a few days ago and was found not relevent.

in my opinion XI is OK i was hoping someone has an idea about the other side.

TX

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

1.check if you specified the abolut root of the FTP server. sometimes there is an additional top level that the system guys dont tell you.

2.set the FTP to permannent connection.

Nimrod