Did you mean: 

Cycles????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

can any one explain me ......

What is this Assessment cycle?

What is the Distribution cycle?

Actually i heard this cycles with my Controlling team.

Plz explain me ....how it works...

Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use of Cycles in Profitability Analysis

For the periodic transfer of overhead to Profitability Analysis (CO-PA), start an assessment or an indirect activity allocation at the end of the month. This performs a cycle or several cycles at once. These cycles contain the control information and can be maintained in Customizing in CO-PA.

Cycles for period-based allocation are mainly used in overhead allocation (CO-OM) to allocate cost center costs to other cost centers or to other receiver objects in CO-OM. In the documentation for Cost Center Accounting (CO-OM-CCA), you can find detailed information about the scope of functions for using cycles. This section will concentrate on the special features for using cycles in CO-PA and includes references to the appropriate and more detailed sections in the CO-OM-CCA documentation.

Refer below link...

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/7a/4c3afb4a0111d1894c0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Edited by: VenkatSrinvas Konda on Dec 30, 2008 7:49 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Periodic repostings, assessment, distribution, and indirect activity allocation are defined using cycles. In a cycle you define the sender-receiver relationships and the corresponding distribution rules.

During periodic repostings, assessment, distribution, and indirect activity allocation, all sender-/receiver relationships defined in a cycle are processed together iteratively. If you want to process hierarchies separately, you must define a cycle for each level of the hierarchy. You then process the cycles in succession.

These are the txn being used for that KSU1 to KSU9

Also refer this post.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for your valuable inputs from both.

I have rewarded points.

Regards

Chandra

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Distribution and Assessment, you further allocate costs (or quantities for Indirect Activity Allocations) collected on a cost center during the accounting period to receivers, according to user-defined keys.

The advantage of these methods is that they are easy to use. You usually define the keys and the sender/receiver relationships only once.

Distribution is used to allocate the primary costs of a cost center

Assessment is a method of allocating primary and secondary costs in Cost Center Accounting and Activity-Based Costing.

For the details refer this link (click on periodic allocation distrivution and assessment )

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/08/514e1443b511d182b30000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Nitin.

I have rewarded points.

Regards

Chandra