cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import proper - error stop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get this error while importing the patch for HR and basis. the status is Error Stop

Error in phase: IMPORT_PROPER

Reason for error: TP_CANNOT_CONNECT_SYSTEM

Return code: 0012

Error message: A tool used by tp aborted

Please help me

thank you

chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

is the TP tool working fine. Can you chack the same from STMS or "R3Trans -d".

have you tried to reset the queue and try the same again.

regards,

hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

The STMS is working fine and I have done re-importing the queue many times but in few seconds it comes to error stop...

regards

chandra

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello,

1.point never use tp R3I without approval from SAP!!!

2, did you try to check if STMS for your system works fine>

Please do the following>

STMS> system overview> mark system in charge

then go to the menu "SAP system" and do all check,

are all result OK???

What is the version of your SAP? DB? and OS?

from OS as sidamd try to run > tp -v

R3trans -v

Add to this post also Slog, Ulog and ALog for your system in charge, but only the latest one.

Best regards,

Peter

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Completely agree with Subhash here. The report should be run only in a worst case scenario (like if restore is the only option).

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Just goto the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/IN destination, and remove all the files that are present.

Then load the support pack again (from front end). This should solve the issue.

Make sure that youload teh same package again..

regards,

hemanth

Edited by: Hemanth Kumar on Dec 31, 2008 9:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

I deleted the files in the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/IN destination, but still the status is in error stop . And I m not able to import the same package and the import starts from the PROLOGUE status.

Is there any way so that I could start the import from the initial package I have started..

regards

chandra

mohammed_anish
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

Because you have deleted all files from EPS/in, you will have to unpack all support packages again using the command SAPCAR -xvf <support pack name>

Then continue the import, it should work.

Also verify that, all RFC connections (destinations) in SM59 related to TMS works without error. (eg. RFCs - NONE and the ones starting with TMSADM@). If you get an error in this, it could be the reason for the error you reported in the beginning...(TP_CANNOT_CONNECT_SYSTEM)

Regards,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

The RFC is correctly configured. And the patch updates was working fine still then, but this error status has occurred suddenly, as these updates have been done by me many time, but now we have stuck with this all in a sudden.

regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is found that the patches in the EPS inbox ( in the SEPS t-code ) have been deleted. and the system has started to occupy space. its nearly has occupied the full space of the Hard drive.

The system is not working but it started to occupy space.

Now I have free the space and also have to install the patches... Its growing a big problem...! for us...

Please help us...

regards

chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Always post the ulog and Slog files(usr/sap/trans/log). In this you will be having lots of information. You can get clear pic how you can proceed to resolve.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have restored the deleted files in the EPS/in. The error stop is at the same state.I have not taken the back of the system too. How can I up the system... Pls Help.

regards

chandra

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi chandra,

is the SAP server up? if it is, try the following:

1) resetting SPAM status-> SE37->SPAM_RESET_STATUS

IV_FORCE=X

IV_TOOL=SPAM

IV_WITH_POPUP=X

If still issue persists:

2) delete the entries from /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in and then reload the files again.

If still issue persists:

3) Run the below command

tp R3I <name of the Sc> <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans70/bin/TP_DOMAIN_70.PFL -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= tag=SPAM

Regards,

hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

tp R3I <name of the Sc> <SID> pf=/usr/sap/trans70/bin/TP_DOMAIN_70.PFL -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= tag=SPAM

Never use this command without recommendation from SAP, otherwise you will not receive any support from SAP

Regards

Subhsah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

The import queue got reset , but now I get this error when I pressed the import in few seconds.

Error in phase: CHECK_REQUIREMENTS

Reason for error:

Return code:

Error message:

regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

I get this status after the reset.

Error in phase: PROLOGUE

Reason for error: STATUS_WAS_RESET

Return code: 0000

Error message:

have I missed any steps.. so that the error message has occured..

regards

chandra