Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIFACT to IDOC and vice versa using seeburger

former_member200267
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario need to be implemented (i.e)

1. EDIFACT(INVOIC) to IDOC (INVOIC)

2. IDOC (PO) to EDIFACT (PO)

using SEEBURGER adapter.

anyone have experience on similar kind of scenario? could you please explain me the step by step process.

ur help is appreciated.

Regards,

RDS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Its a very simple scenario.

These steps which will be configured in your Configuration Module Tab(Integration Directory).

Classifier

Converter

Splitter/BIC.

In the integration Repository,

import the EDIFACT signal from Seeburger into the External definations and import it into your message mapping.

Similarly the required idoc should be imported into IMPORTED OBJECTS and then into your message mapping.

according to your mapping template or specification do the required mapping.

Thanks

Saiyog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

For Completing the Following Sceanrios They are a set of pre-requistes:

1) You Need to Deploy Seeburger Adapters using SDM tool.

2) You need to Do mapping Using Seeburger BIC Tool which converts EDI Document to IDoc XML Document and Sends it to XI

3) In the course of which you need to Deploy the Seeburger Split Adapter (Which acts as acknowledgement i.e 997)

4. And the work with Integration Repository is same as you do with Usual scenarios

5. In ID when you slect the file adapter you need to mention the Interfaces which include the BIC mapping program name & other parameters.

Hope you got an Overall view of how the sceanrio works.

EDIFACTusing seeburger is converted into-> IDOC -XML Sent to -SAP XI SAP R/3

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sainath, the step 2 you mentioned is not a mandatory step. I have explained it when is it required.

Regards,

Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Many of us would be experienced in it

1. You have to import the Idocs in IR. The corresponding EDIFACT structure should also be imported under External Definitions. These structures are available with Seeburger.

2. Check out with your funtional team for mapping. Accordingly mapping in XI has to be developed.

3. Check the imported EDIFACT structure. If the client wants any change in the structure while conversion from EDI file to EDI-xml, then you will have to create user mapping in BIC and deploy it on the Adapter Engine.

4. In ID, use idoc channel at one end. An the other end, based on your client setup (VAN, AS2, ODETT etc), you will have to choose the communication channel. In the module tab, you will have to use BIC module (in any case) to convert EDI file into EDI xml.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

For seeburger scenario you have to purchase the seeburger adapters. They also provide you with many pdfs with step by step configurations defined for both the secnarios.

Thank you.

Simran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar

follow these threads

Handling EDI interfaces using Seeburger BIC modules

Regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

by using import object in intergation repository import the edi and idoc.next step mapp them by using bic mapping that to mapping provided my ur functional guys.in the intergation directory,use seeburger adapter in sender side and in receiver side use the idoc adapter.