cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define namespace in software component version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Xi gurus,

I have imported and created the namespace but after creating a data type and while trying to activate that data type i am getting this ERROR:

" Namespace http://filewithfork is not defined in the software component version "

How can i rectify this and activate data type.

Thank u,

Shabeer ahmed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer,

Please close the thread by providing points to appropriate person whose answer helped you and also try to mention whose answer helped you.

This will help others facing the same issue.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabber

i  have imported and created the namespace but after creating a data type and while trying to activate that data type i am getting this ERROR: 

" Namespace http://filewithfork is not defined in the software component version "

How can i rectify this and activate data type.

i have encountered this error many times........

after creating your data types and designing part. First close all the developement objects windows.

then click on your sw component which you have created and activate it very first.

then you will be able to activate all other objects

or when you start activating your data types a new window with list of the objects which you want to activate opens

in this new window you can see your sw component as the very last object select it first and activate it

then you can activate other objects

this will solve your problem surely

Regards

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Double click on the imported software component version, the add the namespace by clicking on the + button and then give you namespace and save it, else it will not get reflected in the SWCV.

It will create a namespace with default datatype, do activate it and then try creating you own datatypes, MT, MI, MM, IM and then activate it again.

regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to edit mode rite click on the name space and in the screen below click on + button,

tha name apace can be defined with 2 initials,urn & http.and than save.

after that u ll fine the name space u created under the SWCV.

please activate the 2 default DT and the SWCV all togethet (to avoid ur prob name space not defined).

regards,

navneet

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto edit mode of SWCV and clcik on + button and add the namespace. Dont forget to save it otherwise it wont reflect under SWCV. and then activate the Fault data types.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have successfully created namespace in SWCV while attempting to active ExchangeFaultdata i will not activating so please give some input on it.

Thank u,

shabeer ahmed

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While activating namespace, activate the Fault Data types and the namespace only, dont activate all objects under namespace altogether.

Thanks!

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeer,

Do like this:

1. Import the SWCV

2. Create the namespace and save it.

3. Activate the changelist

4. Create the other objects like data type, message type etc..

5. Activate the changelist.

For more details check this blog:

Regards,

Sachin