cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install MI 7.1 on an existing CE 7.1 instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a installation of Netweaver CE 7.1 instance (JAVA only). Now we want to install MI 7.1 on the same system. What is the procedure? Is it ok if we install MI ABAP instance on an existing JAVA (CE 7.1 instance). What SID has to be specified? Can anybody tell regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vitthal,

Though I have not tried it out myself, if SAP inst allows you to install the NetWeaver Mobile AS ABAP to the same SID, then you can go ahead installing the AS ABAP similar to ABAP + JAVA instance in versions 6.4 and 7.0. Why I am saying this is that there is a 7.1 product with that option of ABAP+JAVA - viz. PI 7.1.

You can also install it with different SID on the same physical server. This makes it totally autonomous.

Please note that for both options you have enough RAM and HDD (excluding the page file / virtual memory) space required.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veera

Thanks for your reply.

Installation guide of MI 7.1 anywhere does not mention you can do this. I can install it as separeate instance on the same system (Then it will be a double stack system) but then JAV and ABAP stack will be separate and not will be integrated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vitthal,

I know that the installation does not say about integrating the CE and Mobile 7.1 (there are confusing references of composition environment in NetWeaver Mobile documentation in help.sap.com) . That is why I said you can try. Why I feel it is technically possible is when you go for getting support stacks / support packages for Mobile you get support packages fro CE too.

I had installed NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 separately and had wanted to try installing CE on the same server, but other responsibilities did not give me enough free time and resources to work on that. You are having the chance to experiment right now and your progress will benefit the whole community.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veera

Thanks again for the reply.

If I get chance , I will try the same and update the forum regarding my experience.