cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide in configuring number range by billing type in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Hope you can assist me in configuring number ranges by billing type (e.g. F2, G2, L2, etc) in SD. Our Accounting people find it hard to account the completeness of the transactions because we are only using one range for the RV (SD docs). We would like to setup a separate series per billing type.

Your immedaite assistance is highly appreciated.

Frances

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the immediate response. I tried it in DEV (thru navigation VN01 and VOFA) and got this error message "Please specify an internal number range."

Hope somebody can tell me what I missed. Thanks,

Frances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frances,

In T. Code: VN01/ SNRO

Check, whether Box: Ext, is checked (that is assigned to the sales document type in VOFA/ SM30, under Tab: Number Systems --> Field: No.range int.assgt )?

Un-check the Box.

Best Regards,

Amit

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot gurus, your immediate and applicable suggestions/recommendations worked.

Best regards,

Frances

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you talking of the Billing document number range or the accounting document (RV) number range?

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Follow below steps-

1. Configure number range interval via T-Code VN01.

2. Assign number range interval to billing type via T-Code VOFA ~ Define Billing Types Select Billing Type. (eg.F2) THEN enter the corresponding number range (eg.1A) to No.range int.assgt field.

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frances,

1st Part

Go to, T. Code: SNRO

Insert, Object: RV_Beleg

and Click Tab: Number ranges (just above the Field: Object)

On to next screen, Click Tab: Intervals (with pencil-icon)

Here, maintain your Number ranges, that you wanna assign to your Billing Doc. Types, i.e. F2, G2, L2 etc..

2nd Part

Go to, T. Code: SM30

Insert, Table/View:

and click Tab: Maintan (down, at screen)

On to next screen, maintain entries as:

Sales Org + Dist. Chnl + Sales Doc. Type (i.e. Billing Doc.) + IntNR (as maintained in 1st Step)

Best Regards,

Amit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Frances

Go to VN01, click on "Change Intervals" and again click on "Intervals". After giving some numeric / alpha value under the tab "No", place your mouse under the tab "From number" and press F4. System will propose the available number ranges. Select any one and continue for the rest of the billing documents.

Now go to VOFA, select your billing type F2 and execute. There assign the above "No" against the field "No.range int.assgt." and save. Continue for other billing documents like this.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following is the steps:

1. Configure number range interval via T-Code VN01.

eg. 1A 0110000000 0119999999

2. Assign number range interval to billing type via T-Code VOFA ~ Define Billing Types.

- select Billing Type. (eg.F2)

- enter the corresponding number range (eg.1A) to No.range int.assgt field at the Number systems block.

Repeat above steps for other billing types.

Hope this help.

Cheers,